Tataria: Or the architectural conspiracy theory for the Tradfash

This is wild stuff

Inside the ‘Tartarian Empire,’ the QAnon of Architecture

On YouTube videos and Reddit boards, adherents of a bizarre conspiracy theory argue that everything you know about the history of architecture is wrong.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-04-27/inside-architecture-s-wildest-conspiracy-theory?sref=I6fiQe5H

2 Likes

Completely bonkers.

Map of our world found on the moon. Craters brought to high contrast and colored. Our area on the right side. : Tartaria (reddit.com)

Euston Arch? Tartarian.

1 Like

You can’t just point at things and Tartarianise them!

1 Like

The original Crystal Palace? Tartarian.

The Skylon? Tartarian mate

You know your parent’s house? That’s Tartarian that is.

I just watched a video on this and it’s hilariously bullshit, as expected

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

always suspected the moon of being a paedo

2 Likes

This has absolutely done me

4 Likes

GIANT BOOKS

2 Likes

Ol’ Tartar Ian and his stinky breath

Ooh a link to the fluoridation conspiracy pls expand

Tartarian & The 3 Muskahounds

It’s funny how actual conspiracy theories and spoof conspiracy theories become interchangeable and to some extent it doesn’t really matter which is which. I remember a few years ago a writer who is now persona non grata wrote an entertaining piece which proposed that trees that currently exist are shit modern trees that are a lesser species compared to ancient trees, the remains of which are things like the Devil’s Tower in Wyoming:

Weirdly has a lot of overlap with this Tartarian stuff except it was obvious they didn’t believe it, it was just a funny thing to pretend. Wonder how much of that same impulse is in this.

EDIT: I might have misremembered this and the writer was inspired by actual flat earth fake tree conspirators, rather than originating it, in which case the parallels with the Tartarian stuff is more clear cut.

2 Likes

What if: normal book but tiny people