Taxidermy

mr-bean

1 Like

Yeah it’s really common. Hipsters love taxidermy! (I also quite like it but don’t have any)

How about a sky burial? Just get someone to put your body on the roof.

Yeah, 30 seconds in the microwave on defrost and they start running around again

1 Like

Taxigetawayfromme more like!

Yeah can’t believe @ma0sm never saw this place. Always locked up. I think there was a bear in the window last time I was there! (I feel like it was a polar bear but I’m really unsure.)

David Sedaris opens

with a story about this shop IIRC. Certainly it’s in this one somewhere.

1 Like

One of the great Judge Dredd minor aspects is that people can get their loved ones stuffed. There’s a story where this guy has to stuff members of the mob illicitly.

This panel from that story is just excellent:

1 Like

How gruesome was this? I mean did you have to do every step - gutting, curing (?) etc. or did they just take your dead bodies and give them back to you with fake eyes ready to sewn and stuffed?

Was it meow?

Errr you did it all Theo otherwise it’s not really a class?
They just give you a dead rat and talk you through how to sort it out.
The inside of these things are contained in a sack pretty much and you wanna basically just peel the skin off the sack which has all the bones and guts inside but it’s easy to pop the sack and that shit stinks and is bloody and gruesome but it’s also quite fascinating to see tiny organs. Someone in our class had a pregnant rat that had a tiny baby in it :cry:

1 Like

That sounds impressively grim :grimacing:

(the bursting of the sac I mean)

1 Like

My first job was as a Saturday girl in a local hairdressers. Previously the salon had been a barber shop and they never changed the weird decor of vintage tills and taxidermied birds and so we had so many old men coming in offering quite a ridiculous amount of money for the dead birds. This is my most mundane (and only) encounter with taxidermy.

I’m sorry for it’s lack of punchline.