Tedious purchases you're currently researching

Electric toothbrushes.

Mine got left behind in the bathroom of our holiday apartment (I am blaming my beloved for this since he was the one who had a shower just before our late check-out and therefore did the last sweep of the bathroom although when will I EVER learn to do a final check)?

I have some amazon vouchers to use up and am researching on amazon. It’s so boring though!!! I thought I had narrowed it down to one but the reviews failry regularly say that the battery drains within two days of being charged which seems ot be a recurrent fault with the model, OMG I AM BORING MYSELF TO DEATH WI|TH THIS.

1 Like

have you seen the youtube clip/ meme of when it goes over the dog poo?

Oh yeah, I need a new electric toothbrush. There are far too many to choose from, and every fucking time I go to look at them I get about one sentence into the first review of the first one I look at and have to close the tab before I am literally bored to death.

1 Like

Anything that cleans up a decent amount of the 4 tons of dog hair that collects around the flat daily will do me.

I chose mine because it’s purple. That was literally it.

Sunshine Lamp

My dog is really old so this is unfortunately a real possibility (if you happen to be my landlord please note this is a joke).

1 Like

Don’t buy them full price - they get massively discounted in the sales!

this is not tedious enough for this thread

if you were thinking about buying a raspberry PI so you can emulate every console ever made you would qualify

7 Likes

Take it to the “really exciting purchases you’re currently researching” thread please.

4 Likes

yes I do! I don’t use it for the light anymore (my partner didn’t like it) but it’s in our son’s room and used as a white noise machine (the white noise is goooood).

When I used it for light I liked it.

If you have proper SAD though then you may also need a more heavy duty lightbox.

1 Like

Oh god I’m fucking dying here

The costume is the cherry on the top

15 Likes

Where? What sales? Do you mean January? I can’t wait till then, it’s already been nearly a month and my teeth look urgh.

of course!

1 Like

If you don’t, eric inevitably will.

1 Like

This is the Poocopalypse I was thinking of-

1 Like

New phone.

I don’t really care about phones. So long as Spotify works and the camera isn’t a complete piece of shit I’m happy. But I know the upgrade phones Vodafone are offering won’t be worth the money they’re asking, because they’re a horror of dicks, so I’m gonna have to research things as a matter of principle. Annoying.

1 Like

I can smell the picture of the underside of the Roomba.

2 Likes

I reckon you’d be fine with any sale. No need to wait. I’ve got no idea when sales are though. Are there Autumn Sales?

1 Like

It’s just horrifying.

We don’t have a pet, unless you count a 2.5 year old boy as a pet, but the cleaner would at any given time have to navigate 17 different colours of play-doh, moana’s shells, moana’s haircomb, a mechanical tiger cub, 4 billion flapjack crumbs, and so on. NO POINT. I will have a clean house again in about ten years. It’s fine.