teenage band names

Typical Analysis - from the back of a water bottle, barely audible devo-esque nonsense
The Aftermath - the same band without our singer so I had to give it a bash, to disastrous results
starsnostars - more radioheady chinstrokery stuff
Dream Scream Collective - a bunch of us messing around in sixth form constantly swapping instruments to actually pretty good results tbh

3 Likes

Bullet In The Eye Of The Beholder

17 Likes

In sixth form:

The Edelweiss Pirates
The Idle Vice Pirates (I believe different members of the band maintained that both of these were our name at the same time)
The Dead Radicals
The Dead Radicals Drinking Society

At university:

Like Me But Fatter (I never agreed to this)

2 Likes

How Now Brown Trousers

1 Like

BitesizedChubbyGander-max-1mb

9 Likes

My first band was called Feedback. Shite and generic name and we also found out later it was U2’s original name. Can’t remember who came up with it. Someone else in the band had suggested Profound Sound which I think we were all quite up for but were worried it sounded too similar to the name of another local band (Bittersound). Glad we didn’t go with that as it’s unbelievable awful, and far too self important for a band doing covers of The Vines.

Singer from my next band came up with Settle the Score which was absolutely awful as well but soon shortened to the generic but less awful The Score.

First actually decent band I was in where we didn’t play covers was called Campfire Disco - I was a massive fan of Bell X1 at the time and they’d given this as a tongue in cheek answer to the question ‘How would you describe your sound?’ in an interview. I thought it was a brilliant name at the time, not so sure now. We had briefly been called Bondage Bear after a band injoke (member whose house we practiced at used to keep their ethernet cable wrapped around a teddy bear) but that obviously turned out to be an absolute horror show when you googled it so that became a song title instead. Wise decision.

1 Like

This is a story from a band I formed in my early twenties, but the rest of the band was not happy with my (half-ironic) working title of Molten Unicorn and the boy who was the drummer suggested a series of terrible names that he was not aware were generic or terrible. Prostate was his nadir.

Profound Sound would have been a winner if you sounded like Deltron tbf

Lots of ‘bands’ named after this:

Didn’t have a teenage band. Not for want of trying, just grew up in a small town.

My first proper band was in my early 20s and it’s daft name is unfortunately very googlable and there are still interviews online :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Zwan’s not that bad a name

2 Likes

Pay No Mind
Virus
Bunnies On Smack
Oatie Loaf
Antiba

1 Like

Pfft, I like to see Zwan come up with a lyric like “Compassion is weakness, my life is none of your business”

Oh, you were in Embrace

1 Like

Yep, in many ways I was the sixth Embracel

2 Likes

Plebeian - crappy Green Day-esque band I was in aged 11
Chernobyl Mullet Disaster - sounded a bit like Bush, not terrible for a bunch of 14 year olds
Modicum - first band in town to figure out you could very easy write post-rock songs by playing a chord sequence slowly and quietly for five minutes, and then loudly for one minute, people who hadn’t heard post-rock before really liked us

1 Like

I was in a band at sixth form with a (possibly former) disser who I don’t want to out as having anything to do with my shitbaggery, was weird when they posted something about a new thing I was doing a few years ago (negatively) and I felt briefly, horribly famous in the worst way

This person sounds like a proper egg

Never in a band but the two bands at school I can remember were called Gumpand Poetic Justice

Poetic justice had piss taken a lot even aged 13

we were called Serednycky, after our computing teacher who looked like a cross between Carlos Santana and Captain Pugwash. we recorded one demo for a college battle of the bands competition that didnt end up taking place because we were the only band who entered. we were very bad and covered Would You by Touch & Go. we recorded it in the bass players garage but we usually rehearsed in a church hall which is where our drums were, so theres no drums on the demo. years and years later i dug it out and added drums from garageband, which somehow just emphasised how out of time we were. its online somewhere if anyone wants me to find it

1 Like