Teeth gnashing

I hate being told ‘enjoy the rest of your day’ or ‘have a lovely weekend’ when someone has served me. I know it’s a nicety and is better than ‘fuck off’ but it just gets up my nose!

it’s quite a lot better than fuck off

5 Likes

thought this thread would be about teeth gnashing

11 Likes

Why?

1 Like

Not sure if it’s “teeth gnashing” but I hate being asked for my name in Starbucks (or similar). Usually just give a fake alias.

I’ve spoken about doing this in hairdressers too. There’s a theme developing

I assume the fake alias you use is wonton? Or is that your real name?

I say “have a nice day” when I say bye to people in shops. I die a little every time I do but I can’t seem to stop.

4 Likes

i really like it and find it puts me on a good footing to enjoy the rest of my day

3 Likes

Point taken.

I don’t like it when I get junk mail calling me by my first name.

1 Like

Teeth gnasher, teeth GNASHer

8 Likes

When a thread promises but doesn’t offer any amount of bruxism support

2 Likes

There’s a bookshop I go to quite a lot where one of the people will always make a slightly snarky comment about whatever I get. Yeah this book says its morally reprehensible on the front cover but please leave me alone

That’s good!

Basically is a policy. We have a service target that we have to hit, a KPI. It we fall below, that’s a KPI failed. The advisors get a bonus if they hit the service target for the quarter. Can obviously only speak for the business i work for mind.

1 Like

Tied into this the fact the high street is struggling and and there is no loyalty from customers any more, rightly so. It’s in our interest to make each transaction as memorable as possible, as it helps ensure repeat custom

It shouldn’t be scripted, and they should judge each customer individually. Not everyone requires a chat and just wants to get in and out, especially food customers.

1 Like

did this is a bit when i was a bookshop temp, if it was a book i had genuinely read or had been interested in reading. wasn’t told to do so but thought it’d be nice. most people responded well, a couple of people basically ignored me, the pricks.

i quite like it in places like bookshops or record shops when it’s genuine, i did get it buying trainers recently where it seemed a bit more forced and silly. still find it nice when someone is trying to be nice though.

1 Like

No, I use an alias that I think looks like a name I might have…but is harder to get wrong than my actual name (which isn’t even that hard ffs).

Something like Chris, or Joe

I think that’s basically it. DiS is a very unrepresentative place when it comes to opinions on public interactions, what people want from their customer experiences etc.