• misery salad involving more avacado & probably quinoa
  • jacket potato & choice of fillings

0 voters

Is that a fry up in your pants or…

actually, never mind

1 Like

it’s hard to say because the line between bar and cafe is very blurred here

am looking forward to finding a new cafe soon tho, maybe a cycling one

I’m a Nico’s man - the one on the corner next to the tube station. Man alive that place is heaven.

Used to go to a caff for breakfast without fail once a week.

Now it’s about twice a year.

Funny how these things happen ain’t it.

My fave used to be Dalston lane Cafe when I lived nearby, run by lovely Scottish people and did a massive breakfast for about £6. Now its this shite

www.hashe8.com

1 Like

I’ve got two local cafes, Caterham Cafe and a Pop-Inn Cafe, both are quite decent.

But my favourite cafe is on Godstone Green, which is a 5 minute drive away.

http://www.greenroomsofgodstone.co.uk/phone/index.html

Their cooked breakfasts are more pricey but the quality is fantastic. The owners a really nice guy too.

You get quite a few cyclists there as I guess it’s on a good country cycling route.

Gavin Barwell’s former constituency office has been turned into Goodfella Vapes: Vape and Coffee bar. It sounds/looks horrific.

Passion Bakery in Sundbyberg. It’s pretty nice, coffee is cheap and the atmosphere is generally pretty good. It has 2 rooms and one is way more cosy than the other. Not sure about the toast but their kanelbulle are about 30kr I think. I’d probably rather go to better ones further afield, but it’s nice enough.

My favourite is probably Brioche in Alvik. It’s a mission to get to but it’s amazing.

one near the place I just moved out of was alright. Had to start going there after the greasy spoon closed down.

Food was a bit sickly and OTT imo. Like the sausage rolls could have been nice, but they had apricot in them. Also, bacon sandwiches come with avocado as standard and in between really chunky sourdough bread, which is stupid.

That’s The Blackbird Bakery isn’t is. Thinly veiled likes it there. Me, less so…

1 Like

tis.

Food and bread is very expensive, but their coffee and tea is surprisingly reasonably priced. Get a tea from there every morning before work.

Johnnies 2 Cafe is round the corner from my flat. Brilliant fry ups, really cheap, can swap bits out if needed. Staff are lovely. Loads of space too. Love it.

Haven’t really explored the “gentrified” cafes in Catford, there aren’t many of them tbh.

We get the kids’ birthday cakes from there - also surprisingly reasonable…

Don’t have one at the moment, but apparently we’re getting a Tim Hortons! In bloody Stenhousemuir! :joy:

There are loads near my flat. The three I go to the most are good but not without flaws:

Mockingbird - Deep South themed (biscuits and sausage gravy), but is open “until they run out of food”, which is just as unhelpful as it sounds.

Brew - More of a hipster coffee place but the food is good. Sourdough is the only bread option though and 2/3 of the tables are outside, which makes eating there between October and April close to impossible.

Boston Tea Party - probably the best all-rounder, menu is good and there’s usually enough space. Again, little too into their sourdough.

LP Cafe in Watford.

Indie coffee (blend of Ethiopian and South American beans)
Vinyl sales everywhere
Able to ask for records to be played
Decent selection of paninis and baguettes freshly made before your eyes
Toast is £1.50
Home made cakes
Rarely more than two other people there
A wonderful oasis in the cultural vacuum that is Watford

1 Like

It’s called the greedy pig. It’s very good but very popular with local hipsters and aspirationals. Especially on Saturdays. Therefore I only ever go on quiet weekday mornings. It’s star dishes are the butter milk fried chicken with pancakes or the full English. Does good coffee too.

We’re getting one in Cardiff apparently. We have quite a lot of cafes already.

For the thread, my favourite local place to go for coffee is an Italian restaurant called Calabrisella. We have tonnes of coffee shops near us (including a Danish bakery and a roastery) but their espresso is the absolute nuts.

Vegan friendly tofu shifter

2 Likes