Tell DiS about your last time at a pub.

7th March before and after the Crystal Palace v Watford football game which we won 1-0

The pub in question was the Crown & Sceptre in South Croydon, which is a nice Fullers pub. If I recall I had two pints of London Pride both before and after the game, and for lunch beforehand I had a nice pie and mash.

Good times.

Place that sells alcohol drinks - local cafe day before everything shut down, so I don’t know; 8 weeks ago?

Actual pub? So many years I cant remember. Met family for a pub lunch somewhere vaguely in the countryside outside Reading maybe 5 years ago? Was shit obviously. Could be longer tbh.

It certainly is!

1 Like

13th March also. Saw Special Interest at the Tiny Rebel brewery bar here in Cardiff. Got way too drunk and everyone spent the whole time being paranoid as hell they were going to catch lurgy. Great music though. 6/10 overall.

14th of March, met the TV in The Rose & Crown in Kentish Town around 3pm after we’d been out individually running various errands. They had a cracking Wylam DIPA on and we got a bit tipsy, then ordered Yard Sale pizza on the way home. Love that pub and wish we could go back!

23rd Feb, Bank Tavern Bristol, I can remember the date as it was after a hideous 10k. Went to a load of pubs with my mates afterwards but ended up here where i drank too much Moor PMA which put me off drinking again for a while if i’m honest. Would absolutely kill for the opportunity at the moment though

Want to ask but also don’t want to ask.

1 Like

Girlfriend’s birthday @ Shakespeare’s Head in Brighton, a couple days before lockdown was called. Had a few pints of ale and the best veggie/vegan sausage n mash in Brighton.

Was a lovely night. Hopefully I can see her (and the pub) again very soon.

Saturday 14th March. Went to Canterbury for the day and it was fantastic. Had our own little pub crawl and ended up in the last pub realising time had slipped past us and we only had 15 minutes to rush to the train station to get the last train home. Well good last day out pubbing. How is this the 6th weekend spent inside since then :exploding_head:

It was a dark and stormy night and the barman said to us all, “Lads, gather round and I will tell you a story,” and so the story began…

It was a dark and stormy night and the barman said to us all, “Lads, gather round and I will tell you a story,” and so the story began…

went to a proper old boys pub in central london to meet an illustrator friend to talk #artwork plans. had a few pints of average pale ale. cheers.

I dunno, some bar with my mate after Colour Out Of Space. We had a couple of halves (pots as they call them here)

actual pub was old fountain near old street after a gamelan concert at LSO st lukes

booze serving place was the bar while watching dulwich hamlet

only now I’ve had this long away do I realise how emotionally attached I am to pints in pubs

Friday 13th March. Tiny place near Dunoon after I arrived with some pals for our weekend away. We arrived ahead of the other car so stopped in for a bit before we could check in to the airbnb. It was just us and a few locals sat at the bar watching Cheltenham. We played a few 50p games of pool and had a couple of decent pints of Guinness. Was pretty nice tbh.

I explained it in another thread :slight_smile:

Night before the closure, our nextdoor neighbour is a (brilliant) pub. Wanted to help them out and also get pished. Went for a half whilst I believe a cauliflower cheese was in the oven, very standard practice, then went for a couple more at about 10pm and it was completely empty.

They’d just cracked a keg of v. good wanker beer and it was very sad to see it sit there undrank for so long (Fruit, Car, Sight, Exhibition, beer twats). Luckily they’ve got a growler delivery system going now so we’re able to keep giving them much needed trade.

God I miss the pub

I cycled to the pub the other day just to be near it. one of the regulars was sitting alone on a table outside

the swan in haslemere. got plastered with my atd who’d come up to visit from sludge town. maintained what passed as social distancing for the time (no hugging, physical contact), but hugged each other upon departure.

Sunday 15th March, the craft pub in York Station after our train home was delayed. That was a very annoyed and tired drink though, so Saturday night at Dead Crafty in Liverpool was the last “real” pub visit (also had much nicer beers there)

Cracking last pub beer tbf

1 Like