Tell me your spaghetti Bolognese recipes

eggs

If you want to confess to using only the contents of a jar, you may also do so in here.

I used fake mince for ages but it’s pretty disgusting and has the texture of gristle so I use chopped onions and a chunky veg like courgette or aubergine, and the chili and tomato lloyd grossman sauce because that’s the best one. Don’t cook it enough to bother using a recipe from scratch

Gonna need 4 weeks and some turkey hearts mate.

okay so

i basically pre crispy-fry bacon.

then I use the beeb recipe

2 x 400g tins plum tomatoes
small pack basil
, leaves picked, ¾ finely chopped and the rest left whole for garnish
1 tsp dried oregano
2 fresh bay leaves
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 beef stock cube
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
125ml red wine
6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half

but don’t use the stock and add in a little reggae reggae sauce and a little tabasco, and also finely chop mushrooms and add those. Then i crumble in the bacon and leave that to very slowly heat for a while.

OR i use dolmio obv

vegetarian though, so I’ll have to do without the turkey heart unless Linda McCartney company does a fake one.

Onion
Carrot
Celery
Garlic
Tinned tomatoes
Tomato purée
Mince
Basil
Oregano
Bay leaves
Veg stock cube
Bit of marsala/white wine

Fin

Yeah, that mince isn’t great. I think the Linda McCartney meat-free meatballs are best, although I’m fairly sure that they changed the recipe recently and were a little better before.

I’ve just started following the advice of that chef who said to not use anything but onions, meat and tomatoes. Cook it for several hours in the slow cooker. Might add a bit of red wine vinegar just before I dish up. Hardly any effort but tastes really good. The slow cooking makes it really meaty as well

hey mate did you actually want these for something you prick? acknowledge my recipe!

I don’t think I’ve made spaghetti bolognese in over a decade. I genuinely can’t remember making it.

I’ve certainly never made one from scratch. Jar of Dolmio + a shitload of worcestershire sauce did the job.

Beef mince, chopped toms, onion, garlic, oregano. Simmer for as long as it takes for the pasta to cook and no longer. Genuine authentic bolognese.

Can also be turned into genuine authentic chilli by adding kidney beans and chilli powder.

Ooo okay!! I LOVE A BOLOGNESE! It varies, but if I’m going all out -

Streaky Bacon
Rosemary
Oregano
Onions
Garlic
Lean beef mince
Sun-dried Tomatoes
Tin of tomatoes… maybe two? I forget.
Glass of red wine.
Basil
Olive oil

Sometimes I’ll leave out the streaky bacon, rosemary and wine and instead bung in a load of mushrooms and a beef stock cube. Sometimes I’ll make it with turkey mince in which case I’ll add fennel seeds instead of oregano, sometimes I add chilli etc etc…

I’m not going to go full Fidel over this but fucking hell pal.

Might as well post mine

Tin of chopped toms (miss f says plum ones)/passata
Garlic
Sometimes read onion
Tomato puree
Little veg stock
pepper
occasionally a little sugar and cinnamon
used to use tobasco sauce but it ran out and I haven’t replaced it

think that’s it

I’m only interested in the number of replies

If I’m going to opt in to having a bland dinner I’m fucked if I’m wasting time doing it from scratch.

I was actually glad to see you use tobasco sauce because I would do that too but wasn’t sure if it was socially acceptable.

1. Spaghetti
  2. Bolognaise Sauce
  3. ???
  4. Eat

I’m not much of a cook but I genuinely can’t understand why anyone would need to use a jar of sauce. Full of £££ and sugar, innit.

Fry a chopped onion then sliced mushrooms
Grate in a carrot or two and add some chopped celery if I’m feeling fancy
Add the mince
Tin of tomatoes
Carton of passata with garlic and herbs
Bit of salt and pepper.
Maybe a bit of tomato purée if I’ve got it to hand.

It’s one of the few things in cooking where it’s not really that much more effort to make, tastes nicer because of the taste of self-satisfaction.