Ten years since the leak of Merriweather Post Pavilion

Pretty big album huh. Anyone got any thoughts/takes on it?

1 Like

not actually heard of it, who is it by?

5 Likes

Sounded dated after 6 months (never heard it though)

2 Likes

Wings.

1 Like

I only know Band on The Run

1 Like

baaaaaaaaaaaand on the ruuuun

it goes something like that

7 Likes

(there’s a shit bit before that though so just skip to the halfway mark)

1 Like

Imagine that but with more vocal processing.

3 Likes

Most insufferable vocals on any album known to man.

3 Likes

Four walls and adobe slabs for my girls

Dudun dun dun dun
WOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

Too much negativity in this thread for me, Clive

10 Likes

I think I’m more nostalgic for the hype leading up to the album than the album itself. Got fond memories of the leak of Brother Sport with the French radio DJ talking over it

mate I’ve never even heard of it! Might be the best album ever

I have fond memories of playing Brothersport at a house party. The repetitive noises in the middle that all build up to that final bit properly enraged a guy who had been playing a lot of 80s radio rock sorta stuff

4 Likes

It’s shit. I’ve never heard it.

Weirdly was just thinking about this album the other day and reckoned it’s an album that, although pretty big at the time, will be remembered by a fairly small group of people. Liked some of it but clearly it wasn’t the cornerstone that some lauded it as - tried to get into some of the solo stuff but I just cannae dae it, captain.

4 Likes

Listen to this loads now, after deciding they were shit at the time.

Opening 4 tracks are :100:, though it drops off a bit after that, and That Bit about a minute into In Their Flowers is one of my favourite moments in any song I’ve ever listened to…

Obligatory shout out to @ninetyeightytwo for giving me a mix CD with loads of good songs of theirs on, and Banshee Beat.

3 Likes

It’s worth checking out the live version of in the flowers from before when the album came out. There used to be an amazing version on YouTube. The bit you mentioned had more of a sung tongs vibe and it sounded incredible live

Definitely feel this album is unfairly maligned. You don’t have to to embarrassed to like it guys! Always loved Lion in a Coma as well

4 Likes
6 Likes