Tennis Thred 2018

tennis

lost the final to Tseng Chun-hsin who seems to be tearing up the junior circuit this year. youngest lad to win multiple junior slams since Gasquet

I was actually turning over regularly to watch the cycling instead.

Typical of my luck with the picking game that to cement third place the only thing I needed was for Anderson to lose no worse than 6-4 6-4 6-4. Deffo not doing that again next year.

VikaFredo really not firing today.

I feel like djokovic should have figured out something to do with his hair by now.

Something like this perhaps.

Konta inflicts Serena’s heaviest ever defeat, 6-1 6-0. Unexpected.

Serena - Kvitova last night looked decent
feel weirdly inclined to support Pliskova now she’s being coached by Rennae Stubbs

US Open time!
always comes faster than I expect

Wawrinka - Dimitrov (again) and Kuznetsova - Venus are the obvious popcorn R1s, Garcia - Konta is also v interesting and hard to call

cool to see a 39 year old Patty Schnyder in the draw, her first slam main draw in 7 years
happy to see Murray playing at all

don’t even mind Dimitrov but quite satisfying to see Stan send him packing so comfortably, again
no chance of him qualifying to defend his year end title now

Sloane- Vika is delivering big time guys
So many good matches involving Stephens this year

Can only follow on livescores, but this one certainly stood out as a “shame it happened so early” candidate. Rooting for Vika.

I was rooting for her too cos she needs a big win but Sloane is so impressively solid. predicting this is a mugs game but wouldn’t be too surprised if she defends her title

Well I jinxed her good and proper there.

those around the net winners from Barty and espec Federer :+1:

and those results from Osaka to reach her first USO 4th round :+1: :+1:

mad how Nadal’s return stats over the last 2 years are by far the best they’ve ever been

from tennisabstract:

looking wobbly on serve again and it doesn’t even matter, feel like I’ve seen him get broken and then break straight back so many times

Nadal is the best get high all the time

Glad he’s started wearing vests again

just the three quarter length shorts now <3

Kanepi’s been around forever and won nothing of note or ever made the top 10 but still has the knack of randomly producing monster performances in slams, already beaten Halep and now taking a set off Serena after getting bageled in the first

shrewbie I’m starting to worry about you :wink:

Need to refeel my love for tennis. Something not there at the moment.

And round the net shots are a matter of good fortune and reflexes, not skill, whatever funny facial expressions Kyrgios might choose to pull.