Tennis Thred 2018

tennis

He has a much higher ratio of big title wins to small ones than any of the other current players. He really brings it to the big games.

Like Federer, his French Open win is asterisked because of not having to beat Nadal :wink:

true though!

SInce he won his first slam in 2008 he and Nadal have both won 14, Federer 8, Murray and Wawrinka 3 each and Cilic and Del Potro 1 each.

that’s kind of what I’d expected, although thought Djoko would be up on Rafa. Thanks for taking the trouble to look it up (or for having an encyclopedic mind!)

find it really endearing that the crowd was singing Ole so he pretended to himself that they were singing Nole

:slight_smile: amazing. What did he think the “delpo… delpo…” bit was on the end…?!

Wimbledon to have final set tiebreaks at 12-12 from next year.

The world’s going to hell in a handcart and now John Isner’s going to win a slam :wink:

WTA Finals have been dinging so far
wonder if there’s ever been an 8 player / team sporting competition with such close odds

:frowning:

Yeah really shitty. She’s not caught many breaks has she.

Classy bunch Federer fans…

If Zverev wins this then he’s def the male Svitolina

I’ve not really seen him play a lot, but the impression I get is that somehow he seems to make every shot look like some massive agricultural effort, even stop volleys.

Djokovic will win this in straight sets. Zverev is the most advanced of the current crop of youngsters but I find him a bit dull to watch. Much prefer Coric or Khachanov.

Good on the boy. An unexpected Djokovic defeat is still one of the joys of tennis.

Lost to Khachanov and Zverev in successive finals, so certainly doesn’t look as invincible as he did a month ago after he won the Shanghai Masters.

Pouille hiring Mauresmo as coach! gonna start supporting him I guess