Tennis Thred 2018

They make no bones about it. Federer is who the majority want to see, so they show him at every opportunity. The BBC Wimbledon coverage isn’t and never has been for tennis fans, it’s for the British public who happen to watch a bit of tennis for two weeks a year.

And personally I’m not that peeved about that. It’s no excuse for continuing to employ goobers like Inverdale and Lloyd, but it does serve the public, and the fact that we can now watch most courts online means I’ve spent quite a lot of the last week and a half watching my laptop, while the telly has football on mute.

Have we had Murray commentary yet?

Also I want to hear about @anon82218317’s evening at the tournament.

yeah doesn’t bother me that much, got the other match on eurosport anyway but without commentary for some reason.
been really good this, would be a proper smash and grab if Nishikori pulls it off. has faced pressure on a load of service games and won his only 2 BPs

Djokovic holds from 0-40, hope extinguished

That’s a vintage Nole thing to do. Did he have his eyes shut on any of the points?

Was rather struck yesterday by how unaffectedly respectful Murray was about him. Just goes to show, for all the on-court rivalries they all know and admire just how good the others are.

Ooh Kev’s breakened!

Yeah, used to be a lot of needle between Federer & Djokovic, and Fed & Murray clearly never used to like eachother but think they’ve all mellowed out these days

switched over when Kei started to tail off, seems to be making a match of it

here we go! Anderson has always been my favourite of the servebots

Getting excited despite

1. He’s still not going to win
  2. I’d still prefer Federer to win
  3. Anderson v Raonic/Isner…
  4. Anderson winning still wouldn’t rescue me anything other than pride in my competition

yeah that 3rd point might swing it the other way for me too
Murray’s on commentary for Rafa - Delpo btw
this was a reply to @colinfilth

Federer OUT
not too happy about that half of the draw now, really enjoyed the stunned quiet of the crowd though

https://twitter.com/tumcarayol/status/1017086790094807045
good patter

1 Like

It’s Cotter he’s co-commentating with isn’t it? I’d have liked to hear him alongside one of the ones that gets confused by tiebreaks.

Wouldn’t it just be great if Federer and Nadal both went out on the same day?

Wish I hadn’t picked both Roger and Kev in the picking game…

How many try-hard Disser points do I get for watching these two go to fives sets rather than… watching something else?

will still be going after it ends at this rate

1 Like

Enjoy, and make sure you tell us about it!

2 Likes

bit gutted that Delpo lost.
Nadal - Djokovic is intriguing though, think Djokovic might be playing better tennis than Rafa but also looks more brittle. Will probably be really high quality, just find matches between these 2 a bit of a slog to actually sit through.

Got my popcorn ready for Ostapenko - Kerber now

Bit of a soggy squid that wasn’t it.

Bit emosh about that Novotna tribute earlier.

1 Like