Tennis šŸŽ¾

Throw away the key

Didnā€™t expect this

1 Like

Woah

I mean thatā€™s bad however you look at it. Either sheā€™s doping or someoneā€™s given her something you really shouldnā€™t give a healthy person.

Im at some tennis. Heather Watson is the now the best player ive seen live

2 Likes
1 Like

I get what youā€™re saying but in practice that wonā€™t be what will happen. What will happen is that all the players will wear coloured undershorts, just like they normally do.

Obviously the whole white dress code has its day years ago but this is Wimbledon so itā€™ll take a century for them to catch up. They are a private sports club not a national public organisation so it shouldnā€™t be much of a surprise. Professional tennis is elitist around the whole world.

But you talked about this country which implicitly means the lta. Theyā€™re not perfect and in the past theyā€™ve been even less so but they had nothing to do with this decision and in all fairness they have made modest strides in making tennis more accessible in recent years. The uk is for geographical as much as any other reasons a difficult place to grow tennis. A relatively densely populated country with poor weather isnā€™ta great natural fit, and there are more popular sports.

Actually I think I take issue with this. To all intents and purposes the players will be able to wear what they wear at every tournament except instead of some multicoloured adidas kit itā€™ll be mostly white adidas kit. Misogynists will be misogynists for sure, but this doesnā€™t give them any more licence to be so.

Was nice that Garcia won but the WTA Finals felt like a proper damp squib this year. Hope they never host it in Texas again

Also not fussed about the ATP finals now that Felix is out

Has completely passed me by. I wonder if Iā€™ve lost interest in pro tennis frankly

1 Like

Used to hate the all whites at Wimbledon but now i donā€™t mind it. Looks nice in photos. Obv the underwear thing was bad though

Have i gone full tory?

Much better than e.g. snooker where the clothing looks actually restrictive and uncomfortable

Would be more excited if Alcaraz was there, always feels anticlimactic if thereā€™s no #1

I miss playing tennis

Ok first off Iā€™m sorry I pissed you off. That wasnā€™t my intention.

Iā€™m replying to your first post just to clarify where I think we got to. Iā€™ve given my opinion on what will happen with respect to your first sentence: basically I donā€™t think that will happen because I think all players will take advantage of this rule relaxation all the time. I could be wrong, but time will tell.

All your other points I agree with, I just think itā€™s just shouting at clouds. Not that thatā€™s against the law or anything, just that itā€™s pointless. Tennis is a grubby old international sport based around money. I mean itā€™s kind of grimly funny that thereā€™s so much publicity about the impending World Cup when thereā€™s been an ATP tournament in Doha for years. Personally I donā€™t feel that me occasionally watching it makes me particularly complicit in any of the dark goings on in the sport, but I guess it does a little. But Iā€™d lay odds the changes you would like to see in the sport will never happen.

Weā€™re getting the hangover from the long dominance period arenā€™t we? We need a new big rivalry and some all time classic matches.

Boris out of jail for Christmas. And deported.

I wonder if heā€™ll be allowed back again

Barty and Osaka both announcing their pregnancy in the same week has done me a bit. I still see them both as kids

1 Like

Aw thatā€™s fab! :smiley: