Tennis šŸŽ¾

Federer could never win an Olympic singles gold, despite the events always being on his supposedly strong surfaces. He will never have a career golden slam, unlike true GOAT Rafa.

nadal is the goat and the argument for that has been settled for some time. you lot only love federer so much because of his cardigan and boot licking the royals at wimbledon.

peace out.

2 Likes

How so

Federer and Djokovic arenā€™t as dominant on other surfaces as Nadal is on clay for starters. He just slapped a player that is up there for GOAT contention 6-0/6-2/7-5. Did the same to Federer a while back in Paris too.

Nadal will probably end up winning more grand slams than Federer and Djokovic. Literally could just turn up at Roland Garros and they might as well give him the trophy, and I reckon he can do it for another 5 years.

Still has two Wimbledon titles on his weakest surface. Federer has one French open.

Won the olympics.

People really overstate his athleticism when it comes to appraising his career. Whilst he is a freak of nature, I think his entire game as a package is better and more entertaining than Djokovic and Federer.

13 French Opens man.

2 Likes

Nadal has been the most likeable of the Big Three for a while now

3 Likes

Would definitely rather go for a pint with Nadal than Fed or Djokovic.

1 Like

Olympic gold medals in tennis arenā€™t anywhere near the same level of importance as Grand Slams.

And Federer is still the king

3 Likes

Roland Garros,
The charity shield of the grand slam world

1 Like

nahhh, its like the second most ā€˜prestigiousā€™ tournament on the calendar. especially in europe.

australian is the most pointless.

1 Like

Both hard court slams are shit in their own way, they should do away with one and come up with a new location and surface.

1 Like

Iā€™m
Just being a dick.
Big fan of Nadal and the French open is class.
But Fedā€™s the greatest.

3 Likes

those two opens are preferred by many players because theyā€™re grass and clay too - hard isā€¦hard on the body.

wanna see carpet introduced at a grand slam open.

They should bring back this gras/clay bad boy for a slam.

Also Nadal won this, further prooof he is Good Over All Terrain.

1 Like

Know this is mainly for pro tennis but been roped in for a league game on Saturday. Play enough doubles to probably not embarrass myself completely but are there any weird league tennis conventions/rules worth knowing. Probably canā€™t turn up in an old sufjan t shirt

Iā€™ve played in a couple of tennis leagues and Iā€™d say before you start the match itā€™s worth clarifying what scoring format youā€™re using, e.g. best of 3 sets, best of 3 short sets, best of 3 sets but the final set is a first to 10 tiebreak, etc. Scoring formats tend to differ from league to league in my experience. Other than that, just general tennis etiquette really. I donā€™t think people care too much about what you wear as long as youā€™ve got proper tennis shoes or similar

Yeah itā€™s this. 2 rubbers back to back. And thanks. Will report back after my complete drubbing on the weekend

1 Like

I really want to play more tennis.

since playing a few times recently and realising my previously broken wrists donā€™t inhibit me at all, and making some good shots, getting a bit better every time I play, itā€™s made me more excited about watching tennis too.

fun and good game.

Iā€™d really recommend you or anyone else interested in playing more recreational competitive tennis check out the Local Tennis Leagues website and sign up for a league in your area. Matches are played on public courts so you donā€™t need to be a member of a club to play. I signed up a few months ago and have had some great matches out of it. When you first sign up they ask you to complete a questionnaire to measure your ability and put you into a group accordingly so there shouldnā€™t be a complete mismatch between you and your opponant. I think the ability goes from experienced club players in the top groups right down to people who have only recently taken up tennis. Leagues are mixed gender as well which is cool

1 Like

Considering how much I love watching it, itā€™s hilarious how bad I am at playing it. I reckon probably a half-decent seven year old could wipe the floor with me.

1 Like

thanks for the tip!! Iā€™ll let my friends know too. that is cool :slightly_smiling_face:

@colinfilth see, I got bored of it a while back, but knowing I have some potential for doing Nice Tennis Shots has me intrigued again.

watching courtside slo-mo footage on Youtube of serves and slice backhands and etc

I have a decent if uncultured whip of a topspin forehand already - Iā€™ve surprised my friends with a bunch of crosscourt winners Ć  la Andy Murray! - and I have pulled a bunch of unreturnable serves out of the bag on occasionsā€¦

buuuut mostly, I badly need to work on that serve, and also on my backhands and shots near the net.

also when the ball comes at me high.

most things, hahaha.

1 Like