Terrible and Good Festival Lineups Thread

Oh how I wish this would come to the UK - that looks amazing - Codeine are near the top of my list of bands I want to see but haven’t as I missed out the year they played Primavera then of course Unwound and also Ida and Karate- by coincidence I was checking out Rex too recently as the Codeine - Dessau release mentionned some other slowcore-ish Numero reissues…including Rex. Will now need to check out The Hated, Chisel and Everyone Asked about you

6 Likes

Special guests, special guests everywhere

3 Likes

Bit tempted by this lineup but the festival director is unrepentant transphobe so fuck that.

So she’s failed to learn/educate herself since this then (to be clear I don’t doubt it was wrong, it upset a non-binary/genderfluid friend of mine who was a big fan of that festival?)

No she’s done the much more mature and supportive thing of…getting back on with her relatively high profile job and never mentioning it again.

Love the confidence in announcing this one before the first has even happened.

Off to this on Saturday, strong lineup and well priced. Always do good ones and a nice bonus having the second stage for local bands and to fill the gap in between sets.

2 Likes

Looks great, have a fab time!

1 Like

Michelle Branch!

Saves the Day as well…

4 Likes

Highly recommend eating at the restaurant at the Polish cultural centre.

Karczma? Been many years since I went but remember it being good.

That’s the one, went during Supersonic this year and it’s still great.

Good to know. Was annoyed I wasn’t able to make Supersonic given the lineup, although made it to the Emma Ruth Rundle gig and they’re putting A.A. Williams back on again in Birmingham next month.

• 30 Seconds To Mars
  • 5 Seconds Of Summer
  • Hang on a second I need to go check on the soup.

0 voters

Off to most of this too, except swapping out Gilla Band and catching Let’s Eat Grandma at Space54 as my day’s headliner. Hopefully should line up alright with watching all of Porridge Radio before heading off. Looking forward to both.

1 Like

this looks crazy until i count all the bands i want to see that i haven’t seen before and realise that number is zero. i know nostalgia is powerful but none of those bands are compelling enough for me to want to see them in 2023.

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Is an annoying clash as would’ve liked to have seen them. Be interested to hear how you find the venue & sound at Space54 as not been to it yet.

1 Like

Been really enjoying (The) Hated - its a kind of unusual hybrid of early REM, Rites of Spring and Mineral.
I am not often prone to feelings of Missing Out but in this case I’ve got it very bad!

1 Like

The Hated are brilliant. Good description! Husker DU fans should have a listen also.

Obscure emo legends who are finally getting the reissue treatment. There’s a double LP coming coming out soon of bits and bobs, and i’ve heard literally hundreds of other songs are knocking about so there could be some mega box set on the horizon. The ‘one day to be released’ discography is like the longest running emo joke going

That festival is so insane. Zimmer frames at the ready! what a line up for 2022 though. Blows my mind it can and is happening. There must be a few new members though as some have passed away :-(.

I love this 7

and this

2 Likes