Terrible and Good Festival Lineups Thread

Jamie cullum has done well there

1 Like

that looks great. i want to go to vegas anyway, might try to get to a day of this. k dot and DaBaby is a pretty irresistible combo.

So looks like I was wrong about this and Bigfoot is going ahead this weekend?

Unless thereā€™s a last minute cancellation or it was a scam all along?

Iā€™m going and all the emails seem legit and the pre-entry testing is very thorough. Iā€™ve got good vibes about it all (apart from the forecast).

Iā€™ve also got tickets for Womad (which is the same weekend as Latitude) the first weekend after the new leap to freedom. Have slightly less good vibes about that going ahead, assume. theyā€™ve sold pretty much capacity tickets, whereas Iā€™m imagine Bigfoot to be massively under normal capacity.

Had no idea Blood Red Shoes were still going.

1 Like

definitely a booking mix up for Rise Against to be on the 23rd

1 Like

Is Bigfoot kind of just pretending to be part of a government trial or something? Itā€™s not a local authority decision if the national rules donā€™t allow it:

Also clocked that they donā€™t let you take your own food and booze to the campsite, what a joke.

This is what I find interesting. Theyā€™ve always insisted that 4000 capacity outdoor festivals are permitted in level 2 or whatever, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s actually the case is it? If it was, wouldnā€™t there be a shitload of small festivals/outdoor gigs happening this weekend (and for the last month or so)?

They seem to be treating themselves as an unofficial pilot event based on the testing etcā€¦

Edit: Sorry, you actually said the same, yeah.

Probably canā€™t be run economically if you actually enforce social distancing, hence why there arenā€™t any others? Assuming the point of the lateral flow tests is to then cover their backs when everyone is piled in to a tent together.

Iā€™m very suspicious, will be very curious to see what comes out of this weekend. My gut instinct is that itā€™ll be a fuckup.

Yeah most festivals wouldnā€™t be able to do that because they need to pack the site to make it viable but I guess theyā€™ve somehow made this work because of the size of the site vs the amount of tickets sold. I dunno, Iā€™m kind of glad theyā€™ve managed to find whatever loophole it is anyway.

Main takeaway from this - NIN are touring Europe next summer. Very good news.

2 Likes

Mad that I havenā€™t really been into metal for about 15 years and I still recognise every name on this list. Always forget how massive Volbeat are in Europe too.

Going to be very interested to hear how the Download Pilot goes this weekend.

Iā€™m going to Bigfoot. Must admit, Iā€™m also very curious as to how itā€™s going to work!

Didnā€™t realise it was this weekend, surprised itā€™s still going ahead after the recent announcement

Is thatā€¦legal?

This event was already designed for the current phase of restrictions. If anything itā€™s probably even more important now to see how viable this sort of thing isā€¦

Typically for Download, the weatherā€™s taking a turn just as everyone sets off.

2 Likes

I was offered a ticket for it but it was too pricy for an event where theres a handful of bands Iā€™d enjoy and Iā€™d seen half of them already, regretting it a bit now