Terrible and Good Festival Lineups Thread

Heard a song of his once and aptly it was cheap, bland, terrible and flatulence-inducing

They still get on Radio 1 I think, along with Biffy, the ageing Foos and You Me At Six. I dread to think what the forum consensus is on those four bands in 2021 :man_facepalming::sweat_smile:.

I did use to think RB were estate agent rock but the last two singles have been incredibly, lovably catchy. Sorry. I confess.

Overall quality aside, maybe they’re playing it safe by only announcing a line-up they know they can deliver. Which would be a pretty sensible move.

Definitely an element of that, it’s almost all British bands (and David Guetta), which is fair enough. I’m sure you could put on a Radio 2 dad friendly line up that wasn’t such an absolute duffer though.

I’d imagine it’ll still sell out fast with the post lockdown demand for live music and I guess organisers realise that even if these big events don’t go ahead they still keep the booking fee.

Supergrass properly doing the rounds this summer. Fair play

Pleased to see that they’ve drafted Mark Eitzel on lead vocals in the middle though. Great signing.

1 Like

Good effort on the gender representation lads!

4 Likes

!

Give them full marks for effort, there’s one band with “girls” in their name.

And whatever our gender, when they play, we all lose.

As in the food or “cheesy” music?

At some point, they’ll probably say something about requiring evidence of a test or vaccination, at which point a certain line-up change is likely to occur…

1 Like

Wow. Just blindly assumed this was Manchester based as I read down.

1 Like

I don’t know whether to be reassured life is returning to normal with the Courteeners being a thing again, or to be at my wits’ end.

How the mighty Ash have fallen, playing third fiddle to one of the many boring acoustic troubadours called Tom.

They’ve always been a thing in Glasgow, weirdly.

Surprised me as I thought they were the most Mancunian concept of all time!

People go mad for all that shit here though. Ocean Colour Scene as well. Bemusing.

Ash make a pretty consistent living doing festivals, to be fair, and I think they’re at the age where they’re not fussy about when or where. They play plenty of regional B list fests as well.

A handful of festival-friendly singalong indie classics + very capable live band and you’ll never be out of work, I guess.

1 Like