Terrible and Good Festival Lineups Thread

Scam Fender is a great tribute act name tbf

17 Likes

Also works the other way round technically cause that’s JBJ’s real surname.

1 Like

They’re the only ones who’ve been arsed to make their own logo

Oh sorry this was meant to be about Bon Giovi

1 Like

Sham Fender seems like the obvious choice to me.

2 Likes

Bon Jovi tribute bands are pretty serious about their stuff, there’s a long-running competition between Bon Giovi and The Bon Jovi Experience, and I think actual Jon Bon Jovi has performed with both of them at different points, and Bon Giovi supported actual Bon Jovi in Dublin once, which must have been weird.

Imagine if they were better than the real one :smiley:

1 Like

I think they might be nowadays!

3 Likes

Missed a quality opportunity for a ‘These Days’ pun there, smdh

2 Likes

Just checked and pleased to see that there is already a tribute act called Non Jovi…

http://non-jovi.co.uk/

Tribute act idea Lynn - Bon Jovi with a Jeeves & Wooster spin called By Jovi :thinking:

4 Likes

I believe there is already an LGBT+ tribute called Bi Jovi

12 Likes

Just checking out their Plague of Filth album, the music is fantastic, would like the vocals to be more 90’s death metal than this, “I think he’s throwing up?”, style. :smiley:

Oh, on track 2. This fucking slaps :smiley:

Sea Cider is the best thing on that lineup

Freebie time

2 Likes

How are Jungle that big?

1 Like

They’re not

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s gonna be crazily easy to pick up cheap/free tickets for all of these nearer the time isn’t it. Even the Strokes/YYY one might not sell brilliantly, although could be miles off on that one.

1 Like

Haven’t they been dropped by XL?

The Jungle tickets start at £65 so yeah, going to be plenty knocking around. Would be surprised if they even sold 5k at that price.

Every time I’ve got free/cheap for this I’ve easily spent £30 on food and booze anyway on site so they definitely make some cash even when they filter out cheapies. This isn’t exactly a big bucks lineup

1 Like

Blimey! That’s the sort of lineup that could tempt me in at the £35-40 mark, that’s crazy.

Good point on the food and drink profits though, these things always end up costing a wedge and way more than you’ve mentally accounted for.

if my phone runs out of battery I’ll meet you back at the Landfill Centrism stage at 9pm

3 Likes