Terrible Dragons Den ideas you've had

How about instead of selling really cheap versions of normal things you sell incredibly small versions of expensive things
Like, a 95p shop that sells caviar and diamonds but it’s all microscopic

People queue up, and you shovel a tiny spoonful of caviar (like one of those tiny science lab spoons) direct into their mouth to save on packaging?

2 Likes

The Dial Essential

5 Likes

I regularly do Dragons Den as a class activity in school workshops- good for group working and presentation skills.

Pretty much every time you will get a group of kids who come up with an app to recharge your phone battery who then go down in flames when the other kids start asking “How does it work then?” in the Q&A session.

1 Like

A few months back I had the amazing idea of a suitcase that had a bit that folded down into a scooter, so that people could scoot instead of drag their cases behind them.

Was totally convinced it would finally make me a millionaire, but it turns out it was already a thing.

The last time I was that disappointed I’d written a song that turned out to be Wicked Game by Chris Isaak.

7 Likes

Portable ice rink

an uber-style delivery service/network

A cuckoo clock-style watch.

1 Like

Haha amazing. I’m IN

Oof - don’t think it shoots a cuckoo out though

I’ve been trying to convince people this morning to invest in my idea that all songs are enhanced by a backing track of Darth Vader breathing over them.

They like the product but don’t seem to want to part with any cash. No matter, there are other visionaries out there.

Just open two windows and in one Darth Vader Breathing 10 Hours - YouTube and in the other Michael Jackson - Thriller - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - YouTube

We could do a Christmas album too, probably a bit late for this year but we’ll make a killing next time.

You’ve not heard Silent Night Silent Night - Aden Park Brass Band | The Delerium Trees - YouTube until you hear it with Vader breathing over it.

I can’t see me not becoming a millionaire out of this.

sweet/crisps/drink shop that accepts foreign currency that you’ve brought home with you.

Multipacks of crisps that contain a full meal.

e.g. Fish supper - Scampi Fries/Salt and Vinegar/Pickled Onion Monster munch/Curry Sauce,
Roast Dinner - Roast Chicken/Ready Salted(Roast Potatoes)/Sage and Onion/Root veg crisps,
or Burger - Steak McCoys/Mini Cheddars/Smoky Bacon/Ketchup

3 Likes

An app/service where you list what ingredients you have at home, and it provides recipes.

This probably exists already

Problem is everybody knows those two recipes anyway: Mystery slop and Omelette.

2 Likes