Terrible festivals - 2018 edition

Darci Lynne & Friends look like a must see

3 Likes

I actually know this lot. They’ve got a female singer so it’s some kind of irony that they’re doing there. Legit incredible musicians but can’t comment on the music of this particular act; their funk covers band, Love Shovel, were very good though

If you tolerate this, then your cistern will be next.

4 Likes

He should do a cover of Sally Cinnamon but call it Gerry Cinnamon.

He already does a cover of ‘I Wanna Be Adored’.

1 Like

Wonder if the formatting that separates “performs” and “talking heads” on different lines is entirely accidental.

7 Likes

Weird un this. Divine Comedy, Steve Davis and the Talking Heads thing amongst some really bland stuff.

This is just down the road from me - never been. And that’s baring in mind that they’ve had slightly more exciting headliners a la Massive Attack/Primal Scream in the past - can’t see me making it down for Squeeze* or Paloma Faith :no_mouth:

*I actually caught Squeeze at Latitude two years ago and they were bloody excellent in fairness. Still not going to a Waitrose sponsored day out in Blackheath mind…

Now that is horrendous. I really, really cannot stand Paloma Faith’s TV ads at the moment

Can’t speak for everyone, but it’s the weird fake voice that gets me. As demonstrated here

I HATE Paloma Faith and I don’t think I’ve EVER seen anything as painfully embarrassing as this:

4 Likes

That’s horrible, it sounds like a mangled parody of Nina Simone

3 Likes

i saw that live

Squeeze are great you jokers

6 Likes

not sure if already posted but… this is a three day festival, no day tickets so why would you have those three headliners at a small festival?

it’s just such a weird combo of acts alround

remember when Razorlight headlined Leeds

There’s some actually decent stuff in the undercard but a lot of it just makes no sense together.