Terrible festivals - 2018 edition

I meant Inspiral Carpets haha but good point

Oh aye yeah :grinning: can imagine an inspiral carpets dj set just being clint boon doing his old xfm drive time stuff

1 Like

Ah god I hate Clint Boon. Went to his club night once. He gets the mike and sings along, its so tragic

3 Likes

No, but I was 18 by the time Up The Bracket came out and it just sounded like mid day on the NME stage at Reading Festival filler music to me.

*potential hot take alert

1 Like

Ha, of course he does

I fully suggest looking at the club night photos, some crackers

I was there for the Flaming Lips as well. Properly pissed down all day, didn’t it?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/1110c5eb5a4a5233dd797579d1cc5f86/tenor.gif

4 Likes

Tramlines has had a fairly steep decline into mediocrity over the last couple of years. Only the initial line up announcement but even so…wouldn’t have thought this would be the sort of bands they’d go for to celebrate their tenth birthday when it first started.

2 Likes

4 Likes

So grim. The first few years were amazing

1 Like

Remember in the late 90s/early 00s when the festival market was totally saturated and loads of them went bust as a result? Fingers crossed, eh.

3 Likes

Fuck what’s happened there!

Now THATS a mess of a lineup

Bands in the top tier I have never heard of. Goodbye, youth.

4 Likes

I mean it’s over 8+ stages, each focused different areas, which will make much more sense when the whole thing is announced, but yeah, it seems counter intuitive publishing so few of the bands like that.

1 Like

Reverend Run isn’t dead!

Which ones dead?

Tramlines was a car crash of a lineup last year and somehow worse this year (after its been sold off to improve things), and they’ve moved to a less accessible venue :scream:

2 Likes

I know, yer man Jake Bugg not top billing?!?

1 Like