Terrible festivals - 2019 edition

It’s always good when a main investor pulls out and tells media that the event is cancelled, huh?

It’s sort of incredible, they’re still not actually selling tickets for it?!? If it’s a scam, it’s either really badly thought through or some kind of work of absolute genius.

https://www.woodstock.com/tickets/

Maybe it’s an art piece.

I wonder if any of the artists has recieved any payment. I seem to have a vauge recollection from the Fyre docs that artists are paid some money prior to performing (I might have made this up but, I’m sure that was one of the many reasons Blink 182 pulled out)

Yeah, there’s usually a deposit to confirm the booking.

I dunno how it works over here but in the UK ticket sales are held by the retailer until after the event, which makes getting refunds for cancelled events simple but does mean mean promoters need to forward-fund events. So even if tickets were on-sale it’s likely those are all coming out of whatever funding the business has.

The organisers of Woodstock 50 have hit a wall

“We are confident that this careful planning and consideration of community concerns will result in a safe, world-class Festival.’’

Clues? This could be the great man’s finest hour…

9 Likes

00305761_lg

I’m gonna getin forfree!

I’m gonna getin forfree!

1 Like

Top loader above e17? That’s insane

3 Likes

Fucking hell, that poster. It looks like it’s advertising a church fete.

7 Likes

Absoloutely mental that they’re allowed to still use the E17 name when Terry (bloody Terry!) is the only orignal member.

Even the dog looks bemused

5 Likes

it’s eaten too many baked potatoes

10 Likes

Not sure if terrible or a great cult festival but I bet the Brett Anderson of 1994 never thought this was what his life would be like in 25 years’ time.

1 Like

Like to imagine Brian Harvey and Roger Waters meet up frequently for mutual griping session.

1 Like

Goldie Lookin Chain ‘Legends set’ :rofl:

3 Likes

They must be doing the rounds as I’ve spotted this ‘legends’ thing on loads of festival lineups

Suede still play big venues and good festivals which makes this weirder

1 Like

gentlemans dub club followed by goldie and basement jaxx dj sets would a perfectly acceptable day in the sun

2 Likes

Goldie’s bookings are all over the place these days, played this a week after doing DJ Stingray’s night at Oval Space.

Best thing on that line up.

I read that as Goldie Lookin Chain because I thought it was a reply to my previous comment… Thought that was a REALLY odd booking for after Stingray!