Terrible festivals - 2019 edition

NNE you mean (a ‘cover rag’ for NME?)

:rofl: missed that, the branding is so close.

3 Likes

I don’t want to live in a world where there’s a Travis covers band

5 Likes

Heard about this on the radio today:

1 Like

The Seahorses tribute? Prety sure the actual Seahorses would strufle to get a gig let alone a tribute act!

7 Likes

The singer has been popping up on various britpop nostalgia events, playing Seahorses stuff. Which… given it was essentially a John Squire vanity project where he is credited for almost all the writing, makes a solo set by the singer arguably a tribute act :smirk:

2 Likes

Isn’t there a similar situation with ‘Hurricane #1’? There’s still a version of them plodding round the clubs acting all rock n roll despite being the remnants of an Andy Bell project he abandoned years ago.

4 Likes

haha, just had a look on wiki and apparently the bass player of The Seahorses now plays in Hurricane #1

that is so perfect

3 Likes

Were The Seahorses not formed literally just so Squire could use the name and make a point? Couldn’t have been for the music tbh.

What point was he trying to make?

The Seahorses = He Hates Roses

5 Likes

I don’t want to live in a world where any covers bands exist. What’s the point in them?

To enjoy the music of a band that no longer exists, or that you can’t afford to see, alongside fellow fans.

Just stick the album on. It’s worse when covers bands of bands that still exist exist.

I never thought i would be defending the singer from The Seahorses, however, he did write three songs on the album and a couple of B-sides.

3 Likes

Is that Stuart Fletcher? I remember he popped up playing with Happy Mondays a few years ago too.

1 Like

Yeah, i can’t believe that there is any market for a Seahorses tribute act!

1 Like

Tribute bands are like Bounty chocolate bars - not a fan myself but I can see why other people with different tastes to me might.

Going to see bands live is a very different experience to listening to a record at home (even allowing for the fact that a lot of people don’t have the equipment or the inclination to DO LISTENING at home, eg if you live in a house where the TV or the radio is always on etc). You get to drink, hang out with people wearing the same t shirts as you, sing along, it’s a night out.

For acdc fans who can’t see the band themselves I get why seeing bcdc at a local pub would be a fun time, I just can’t wrap my head around why a bunch of musicians would have the inclination to form a Travis tribute act. Travis. In 2019. Why?

2 Likes

Because you lied when you were 17?

3 Likes

victorious festival has a capacity of 90,000?! holy shit