Terrible festivals - 2021 edition

Look to the future now, it’s only just begun.

Oh.

Actually, I’m just posting this for self reassurance festivals will be a thing again someday. That contains both the worst and best pop music of all time.

I’ll leave y’all to decide which.

Hold on a minute

20200709_063617

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

9 Likes

I was convinced yer peeps off Rhythm of the Night, Baby Baby and Try Me Out would change their name, though I suppose it doesn’t quite scan as well singing “I only had a Lee Marrow and Olga D’Souza*, 5 cent deposit.”

Bastille’s two most famous hits are now both associated with disasters.

1 Like
  • Who I often confused as a kid with this.

51tQgdkWJVL.SX315_BO1,204,203,200

2 Likes

Also, LOL @ the sheer hipster-irking (maybe it would be stronger 20 years ago) in booking Roni Size.

2 Likes

Eeek! Poor K-Klass - a single beam of light among a block of muck.

I would 100% go to this

7 Likes

DiS meat!

2 Likes

Those symphonic Ibiza or madchester etc shows are the worst thing in the world

2 Likes

Come on everybody! C-C-Come on everybody.

10 Likes

Sincerely hoping there’s someone dressed as a 6’ cartoon bunny dancing and waving at the crowd for this.

That would piss all over any Glastonbury headliner.

3 Likes

YES

But what the hell is this??

Are S Club and S Club Party the same or is it a Boney M-type deal where there’s two bands with different former S Club members?

its the same but there’s only 3 of them now, there’s no rival group

Roni Size needs to take a long hard look at himself

3 Likes

The problem I see though is that 95% of those acts have one, maybe two, songs that anyone knows so you’re going to spend most of their set totally bored waiting for them to play their hit

I’d imagine the bands only played 4 or 5 songs though

1 Like

Yeah it’s a pretty rapid, hits-centric turnover I think, probably central to these nostalgia fests’ success. The 80s ones too - loved reading about them in this book by someone who may well be a DiSer.

http://www.thebookbag.co.uk/reviews/Mr_Gig_by_Nige_Tassell

Fair point, that would be bearable