Terrible films you love

What awful films do you have a massive soft spot for?

I watched Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur this weekend and it was fucking fantastic. Really stylish. good pace, Jude Law chewing the scenery. The whole thing looked amazing. Not lying when I say I think Ritchie could have done a great take on Game of Thrones.

Still, 31% on Rotten Tomatoes and a near-historic box office bomb. PEOPLE HAVE NO TASTE

2 Likes

Was also going to mention Troy here, because I’ve always assumed it was universally panned, but it’s at 61% on RT so more mediocre than I thought. Still rocks though.

4 Likes

Shame he will never get to make the other 6!

I watched Aquaman the other day… Easily the best superhero movie on years

Ritchie did a great job with the Sherlock Holmes films, for me. Odd couple fun.

4 Likes

Honestly, a sequence of films about each of the knights of the round table, culminating in a crossover where they go on the grail quest? Fucking sign me right up! And then there’s the whole Lancelot / Guenevere thing to get into it… and Merlin wasn’t even in it! So much potential. I am an Arthurian nerd though.

3 Likes

Big Film Noir fan so I’m really happy to watch a lot of films in that genre that are just churned out 1940s b-movies. Same to a lesser degree with Spaghetti Westerns

3 Likes

Mystery Men was given bad reviews by most.

I really like it.

10 Likes

Just the usual commercial sell out nonsense

Rashomon
Wild strawberries
Les Enfants du Paradis

etc

9 Likes

Oi, no professionals

1 Like

Final Destination series

12 Likes

Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace

7 Likes

I always assumed they were quite critically admired, like Scream and Blair Witch and stuff, but no, 34% for the first one! God knows what the sequels have.

FINE

Phase IV. Them!

Basically anything that involves terrifying ants.

1 Like

Pretty much any b movie tbh

Great soundtrack too

1 Like

Did you know that Bee Movie is a pun on B Movie?

3 Likes

The second Scooby Doo movie
Big Fat Liar (the Frankie Muniz/Amanda Bynes film)

Was it? It’s good fun.

Weird Science

3 Likes

Watched Sliding Doors on Saturday night. By all measures I should dislike it intensely, actually found it very watchable