Terrible pretentious food horrors

Is there a thread in this, I don’t know. Did i need to share this horror so you can all see it, yes I did.

Foam is already amongst the worst crimes in pretentious food wankery, so congratulations to this chef for elevating it

cw: food grossness

5 Likes

Someone doesn’t like a cappuccino.

3 Likes

Or angel delight

3 Likes

No i didn’t like that picture nononono

Make it go

11 Likes

I think that’s good, actually.

In terms of pretentious food horror, I’ve been to fancy dinners where an acceptable refresher course (between starter and main) was grapefruit chunks in creme de menthe. It’s the most disgusting thing I’ve ever eaten.

Now if they called it angel delight I’d be fine with it. Except the butterscotch one, which I found to be grim

Here is a full review of the restaurant that serves the above dish.

8 Likes

would eat / drink / whatever

Dessert at an (otherwise great) place for my mums birthday one year was an artichoke mousse. I actually didn’t mind it too much, but as a result I got given everyone’s and for some reason ate nearly all three

Artichoke mousse is definitely not good enough to ever have more than one portion

It’s like brushing your teeth then having a swig of orange juice times 100.

kind of my bag tbh

4 Likes

Quite funny tbh

3 Likes

There’s this fancy place in Manchester and in the run up to them opening they made a big fuss about saying how they would not be pretentious, their menu would be simple and straight forward and no silliness.

When they released their menu ahead of the opening I was like, lol, very funny, nice one guys. Some really funny stuff in there. Now what’s the real menu.

But no, it turned out to be totally real.

https://twitter.com/Restaurant_Mana/status/1045197239851847682/photo/1

Also it’s one of those places were on the staff’s day off they all have to go foraging on the beach in southport for seaweed or ‘wild lichen’ or something. Did not know lichen was anything but wild. Why you charging me £90 for something you’ve just admitted to not even buying pals?

14 Likes

Love me some Early Autumn Bark!

in all seriousness I think food foraging is awesome but

Beige Scallops and nutritional Yeast broth - wat the fuck

3 Likes

who (apart from hoogy I guess) looks at menus like this and thinks “mmm, delicious!”

4 Likes

I’d be intrigued to have a go at that menu if I ate meat and it was (I’d guess) half it’s actual price

3 Likes

Also want to know how we get next years cucumbers?

10 Likes

“first apple of the season”

must be fucking massive

20 Likes

Foraging is good but I disagree with it in this manner when it’s then made unaffordable. I know you’re paying for much more than the product itself, their wages for a start, but it still winds me up.

5 Likes