Terrible things people post on social media

Wow.

2 Likes

Remember when he used to post a thread on the old boards and it would almost instantly get to 100 replies? He’s trying to get the fire back.

Not sure what you mean really. It’s meant to highlight something while at the same time not drawing attention to them so they don’t get piled on and/or don’t attack the person highlighting them (since they’d spot the quote tweeting).

But I would agree that it’s a bit annoying not to be able to read the Tweets in context without doing a search.

I don’t like the tweets he’s anonymised, is what I mean

1 Like

oooh, right, yeah some impressive trash opinons, got you.

To be clear, I thought you meant the entire concept of putting images of other Tweets inside a Tweet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mate, easy century on dishes, the skill never leaves

https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/do-you-rinse-your-dishes/57905

A rare modern fluke

Probably a few threads this could go in but fucking hell

11 Likes

Punch-magnet wankers are at it again

2 Likes

Me in my 20s reading number three:

‘I can’t get a stick that long!’

7 Likes

So happy I’m in my 30s

10 Likes

I’ve got a lot to catch up on before July

Pls follow my socials en masse

5 Likes

Do you even lift tho

1 Like

To be fair, I spent a lot of my 20s eating psilocybe mushrooms.

3 Likes

If#2 is meant to mean “exclusively eat natural whole foods” then I did precisely 0/5 of those in my 20s and things somehow still turned out OK.

1 Like

I don’t get the books vs tv thing. What’s so good about books? Why is reading a book considered a better thing to do than watching tv? There are shit books, just as there are shit tv shows. Tv is no less worthy of analysis and can be just as much a vehicle for subtext and whatever as books. So is it literally just that reading is something you learn to do at school while looking and listening are self-taught? Because I can already read, i really don’t need any more practice.

7 Likes

Show me a non fiction book about Mike Wozniak farting and he’ll have a leg to stand on

Almost

4 Likes

Honestly that’s the one that irritates me the most. Eat whatever you want in your twenties, you’ve got the entire rest of your life to worry about health food bullshit.

2 Likes

He specifies non-fiction books though, i.e. sports autobiographies

7 Likes

A Tory Lord wants you to know about the great country of South Vietnam that was liberated by the USA 50 years ago.

https://twitter.com/danielmgmoylan/status/1388066714714316806

1 Like