Terrible things people post on social media

:smiley:

1 Like

Young Liberals - also not “cool”.

Jeeeeeeesuuuuussssss.

That video where yer man says “our phones have changed but our education system is still based on the industrial model” blah blah SHIT OFF

1 Like

Doing my duty and sharing it with you guys

7 Likes

Viva la Malvinas!

3 Likes

This is just so limp. Like c’mon, you can do better than that

Celebrating leaving the EU by tying a flag between two wheelie bins. Woo! That’ll show those faceless EU bureaucrats!

what

Didn’t know Jesus was a Kasabian fan

7 Likes

I’d pay money for a physical version of this, like a globe or something with a light inside.

5 Likes

:wave: https://twitter.com/drownedinsound/status/980743643094048768?s=21

2 Likes

That’s done it, Sean. Close the site.

Someone shared that education system video by trite-tepid-takes-monger Prince EA Sports again

COMPOSING THESES RESEARCHED THROUGH EXCLUSIVELY ONLINE SOURCES WITH THE FILE EXTENSION JPG IS ONLY IMPRESSIVE AND AN ACHIEVEMENT ON A PURELY SUPERFICIAL LEVEL THAT DOESNT REFLECT ON THE ACTUAL VALUE OF DISCOURSE. DO ONE

LIBDEMS, a great new sitcom about their six remaining MPs, and their trials and tribulations representing the radical centre in a vastly re-shaped House of Commons.

2 Likes

:smiley:
literally never heard of two of those people. also love how the opening shot is of clegg losing his seat

2 Likes

Churchy’s face has a look of sincere apology realised through introspection there

4 Likes

I like that the best examples it has for living our life to the fullest include buying a shirt, spending money, getting a haircut, and posting “whatever the hell you want to” (EVEN IF YOUR BATTERY IS ONLY AT 23 PERCENT APPARENTLY AND REALLY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER CHARGING YOUR PHONE IF YOU WANTED TO BE A SHEEPLE WHO FOLLOWS THE RULES).

I’m warming, though, to how whoever made this could take the most trite thing going (“use an awareness of death to justify a late capitalist individualist sense of selfishness in a way that makes you sound like said selfishness is worldly wisdom and doing everyone else a favour, etc.”) and still fail to express it coherently. Every so often, amongst the calls to DO WHATEVER YOU WANT is stuff like “take care of yourself” (which seems to contradict the entire rest of this EYE OPENING message) and “stop eating meat” (but [a] eat the ice cream, which is unhealthy, and / or [b] eat the ice cream, which makes you complicit in some of the same ethically problematic farming / production processes). It raises the question of how to read “cut your hair” - which phrase could be interpreted as (a) a call to throw caution to the wind and wontonly butcher your follicles with nary a thought to social convention, or (b) an assertion that, however thin the line between being alive and dead may be, that’s no excuse to be a draft-dodging HIPPIE.

If I ever meet the person who composed this, I’ll be tempted to ensure that today indeed shall be their last day.

I don’t think I need to clarify that I definitely have other stuff I should be doing right now.

13 Likes

If I ever meet them I will sit them down and have some capital letter conversation.

Then explain how ‘do what you want’ and ‘stop eating meat’ are not complimentary suggestions.

11 Likes