Terrible things people post on social media

sack him off then. dont engage it, just report it to fb

2 Likes

Sorry to quote the whole thing again but this is fucking hilarious.

Who’s taking the picture
Whats he laughing at
Nescafé makes you gurn

5 Likes

Friend: says something horribly Islamophobic
MPBH: That’s your first strike
Friend: says something horribly sexist
MPBH: I’m warning you
Friend: Ok sorry I’ll be nice

EDIT: comes off a little mean-spirited but I know I’m exaggerating for effect.

Edit: never mind.

2 Likes

“Together at home” - absolutely fuck off is that their house, those ceiling tiles and that smoke detector are pure Travelodge.

7 Likes

oh come on, they both had to sit up and everything

if the photographer was a perfectionist they might have a momentary ache in the temporomandibular joints

“Hello, is that the Travelodge? Can I book a room for a promotional photo shoot next Tuesday please, to mark our spontaneous decision to become engaged?”

1 Like

Idk why, maybe it’s the infantile language, but seeing this in my fb feed has made me so unbelievably cross.

Edit: I’ve just realised it’s because I think twee bullshit like this related to mental health does more harm than good. I’m all in favour of raising awareness and reducing stigma around these issues, but shit like this just trivialises it and undermines those whos illness is more than just “I have a sad”.

24 Likes

You’re not alone there, I’m furious at that

1 Like

Yeah, that’s awful. :rage:

1 Like

I really hate the one that says you can cure a sad person by rolling them in a blanket like sushi

9 Likes

Are they ghosts? Ghosts are great, I’ll give them that.

1 Like

Yeah it’s horrendously patronising. “When I feel sad I just put on my cape and go on adventures until I feel better!” is such a horrible belittling thing to tell someone.

4 Likes

It reads like some grotesque not-deliberately-a-parody of those kinds of things in which the culpability of late capitalism on the mental health of the population at large is totally disavowed or something

It’s weirding me out old school

1 Like

14 Likes

What even is this?

3 Likes

Roscoe and Marlon post in pictoral form.

2 Likes

Oooft!

1 Like

Not that there’s any reason to defend this nonsense, but I don’t think it automatically reads as someone’s take on depression. Obviously it would be grotesque if it was, but perhaps “I have a sad” just means “I’m upset”, and we’re reading too much into it.