Terrible things people post on social media

I read this in an Adam Curtis voice

6 Likes

"The intellectuals and liberals believed they were creating a better world. A world of optimism and hope, where the friends could disregard their responsibilities at work to drink coffee all day.

They were mistaken."

3 Likes

He’s mostly right though.

2 Likes

“But little did they know that pulling the strings behind the scenes, a new group was emerging - a group who held to the beliefs of a radical barrista. The ‘Guntherites’, as they were known, sought to undermine this vision of utopia, laying the groundwork for the eventual overthrow of several fledgling central american democracies.”

1 Like

It is true that the last few seasons of the Friends are a compelling tale of the Ross’ gradual descent into madness

1 Like

Why does Ross, the smartest friend, not simply debate the others?

16 Likes

Don’t listen to the audio version in the link

It’s peak “oh i have insights on pop culture on the internet” voice

1 Like

I got to the point where he says “The show’s producers, akin to the immutable voice of the gods, declared that Ross must end up with Rachel, the one who shops. Honestly, I think he could’ve done better.” and stopped reading for what I hope are obvious reasons

4 Likes

Quite like that article, tbh.

Remembering this now

I’ve noticed that on Dad Twitter it’s very in to big up Duggie while slagging off Bing and Peter Rabbit. Bing is obviously irredeemable but because I’m an instinctive contrarian, I’m thinking of a Twitter thread hailing Peter Rabbit as a anarcho-communist hero, liberating food from the walled off capitalist garden that McGregor has constructed in the middle of the natural world that Peter inhabits. Think it could do some numbers.

I think others have already got there…

Fuck sake

Edit: Though this is about the film which is very different from the Cbeebies cartoon.

Use his full name, Lotto Lout Michael Carroll

3 Likes

TW

2 Likes

Wasn’t it King of the worditisnolongeracceptabletouse

Like all kings, he has many titles (the “king of” is listed on wiki as being self proclaimed, imagine?!?)

Also born of just a father!

1 Like
4 Likes