Terrible things people post on social media

Just discovered she’s recently de-friended me and I now have to take a long hard look at myself.

19 Likes

America is only 3,000 miles wide. Why’s it taking these geniuses 16 times further than they need to go?

I regret to inform everyone that the person who draws those alien comics is anti-abortion. fucksake

1 Like

Obviously the anti abortion thing is way worse, but the shelf life of that comic was so short once I realised it was running literally one joke deep into the GRANULAR EARTH MOUNDS LOL

1 Like

8 Likes

This would be great things if it was twin peaks season 3, natch

3 Likes

Why are people like this? FFS.

9 Likes

3 Likes

If you talk and I miss something important

None of it is important mate

1 Like

good article about “buckle up twitter”

example of buckle up garbage:

https://twitter.com/_alexrowland/status/1100074018458218497

8 Likes

Not read the article yet but all Twitter threads should be banned. Anyone starting a tweet with ‘we need to talk about…’ should be banned too. Self-important pricks.

7 Likes

Of course the thread writer is a fucking ~~published author

I think this sort of style started on Tumblr though, to be fair. But no one uses that any more and Twitter is bizarrely important to professional writers so that’s where it all goes.

4 Likes

Much preferred twitter when it was just ppl talking to their pals and less of the public lectures

7 Likes

i have heard legends of this time, tho i only know post-2016 twitter, where everyone has to have an opinion on trump or brexit to get even half a dozen retweets

If I owned twitter, I’d find it hard to resist the temptation to punk everyone by suddenly announcing a 4 character limit

1 Like

4 character limit, and you’re only allowed to use the letters ‘p’, ‘u’, ‘n’ & ‘k’

1 Like

Managed about five replies into that thread before giving up. Unbearably self-indulgent and affected way to use a format in no way designed for it.

1 Like

there are so many linked tweets my browser refused to load them when i was trying to scroll down to the replies. even as a blog post that would be too much.

Think stuff like this in long threads is the worst

Did you
Did you really

12 Likes

too big though, felt like I was tweeting into a void and only famous people actually got interacted with for the most part