Terrible things people post on social media

On Instagram you can follow a niche interest or what your friends are doing and some funny pages and that can be it. Twitter and Facebook seem to make encountering awfulness unavoidable.

The adverts I get on Instagram are for local builders and paving/roofing companies and that’s as unwanted as it gets.

facebook just seems like a bunch of proto-lynch mobs and people posting “sigh” or song lyrics as status updates. cesspit.

It’s Twitter by a landslide. Absolutely poisonous place.

I wish my ex-colleague was being satirical but they’re not

(I so rarely even see them in my timeline. Thankfully no one they know has reacted to this at all in 9 hours so…)

Made a rare trip into Facebook, someone shared this, ON A MONDAY MORNING.

Most of these franchises are still active today ffs

The ‘we all look at our screens and miss real life’ shaming makes me fucking rage. :rage:

Do you think they’ve ever actually seen Fred Flinstone before or did someone just describe him to them down the phone?

As heavy handed as this is, I do feel guilty of acting like this sometimes. Maybe I’ll take it to the dadsnet thread

Was trying to remember if there was a Flintstones Babies cartoon or something I’d missed

I get this but fundamentally kids can be pretty boring. I often just have Kindle open when playing with her because she just seems to want a very small amount of input from me, often saying what she decides anyway…

Twitter has some of the worst queer-oriented takes I have seen in all my life.

6 grand on a phone?

Rich people famously don’t pay for their shoes.

Must be the previous generation iPhone.

34 big ones for a polo shirt, well lah di dah

Doesn’t even fit, the rich idiot.

I think you’ll find it’s just six dollars.

Savage