Terrible things people post on social media

am I dreaming this?

Yes, she’s definitely in on this joke.

None of this changes the fact that I expected a better, more Star Wars related comeback.

1 Like

just got this one from the mum of someone I went to school with :roll_eyes:

This isn’t the first time you’ve suffered this particular flavour of disappointment is it Theo?

5 Likes

It’s rare your heroes don’t disappoint you when it comes to Star Wars.

I’d have responded “and I thought Theo’s jokes were shit [weird pause] on the outside”

3 Likes

Sorry, I’ll have a word with her

1 Like

:smiley:

It was Vera, of all people.

There’s only one man who can solve this case.

Get me Sir Isaac Newton!

That isn’t a weird pause, Han is out of breath from dragging Luke in the snow and placing him inside the tauntaun.

She’s let the side down there Theo - weak comeback game from Moyet there smh.

1 Like

Didn’t realise there was a flat earth discussion going on. They are 100% my favourite conspiracy theory nutjobs.

We had this yet?

4 Likes

This should be in the good things people post on social media thread, surely? I love it.

Oh yeah. More just additional flat earther fun

1 Like

I got it.

1 Like

Clips from all those US current affairs comedy shows that people seem to think are funny like Jimmy Kimmel or something.

Right now my feed is full of Andy Serkis reading Donald Trump Tweets like Gollum, for example.

8 Likes

That is a quality clip though. I just find it weird as hell that Serkis can put on his Gollum voice at the drop of a hat (and also that it’s just his voice with no effects!)

2 Likes

It’s not really quality. It’s…okay. The thing is Trump’s Tweets are already ridiculous. You don’t need a stupid voice to make them sound silly.

Now if you took Tweets by David Cameron (say) and read them out like this you are making a point that the Tweets alone don’t make.

I dunno, I mean yeah he can do the voice without effects but I never really thought about that so…

1 Like

There are two things I like about this post:

1. Use of the phrase “current affairs”. Since it’s heyday on the 70s and 80s game shows it simply hasn’t had enough usage in recent years.
  2. Unconcealed disdain for shit US comedy skits on those programmes.
4 Likes