Terrible things people post on social media

I recently joined the Facebook group for the Hanover area of Brighton (or muesli mountain as it’s often called)

In among the lost pet appeals, and people looking for cleaners there is an incredible amount of beef going down

some men act like dicks and women fancy them, what’s fucked up is that some people see the former causing the latter when they’re not actually connected at all.

and it’s really, really weird that some guys out there are clearly acting like dickheads on loads of dates and not getting anywhere, but continuing to act like that anyway in some weird belief that it’s remotely acceptable to be nasty if the end game is finding a romantic or sexual partner

Got the first post from a Facebook account that somebody’s set up for their three day old child in my news feed today. “I was excited to meet my uncle for the first time today!” Good typing for a newborn.

Thanks for all the memories of being sat next to you in Higher biology, pal, but ahm oot.

5 Likes

A friend* did this for her cat.

*former friend

5 Likes

This one’s got a theme tune

that whole facebook page is a mine for this sort of stuff by the looks of it

“white people are genetically superior, both physically and mentally”
-shows up looking like a weedier version of sloth from the goonies, with the wrong country’s flag

sorry, i agree they’re awful people, but “post-coital kebab” has done me. that’s an insane sequence of words to read at this time on a wednesday night. :laughing:

can’t believe you’ve never done a hoover house

My cousin, of course :roll_eyes:

I recently ‘friended’ someone from school. Kind of knew her, but not massively. She’s posted standard VagueBook nonsense like ‘You don’t know the stories behind my smile’ in the past. Last night she actually posted a picture of her washing machine with ‘just put a load on - good to get it out of the way’.

I now can’t tell if she’s being serious, or it’s all a post-modern art experiment commenting on the shallowness of social media.

16 Likes

2 Likes

“sick of things gettin blocked up an never coming out in the open wish i could just fix everything, end the cycle n start all ova again”

“u ok hun pm me xx”

“ye im gd thx u no hotpoint customer service number?”

23 Likes

This is my favourite kind of person on Facebook

3 Likes

Always irks me seeing people posting pictures of the Krays and lamenting that this is what gangsters used to be like, as if organised crime and murdering people was once really noble and good.

7 Likes

For the FAO of @bikewankers:

2 Likes

A hallmark of the mix of racism and misplaced nostalgia that’s got us into this mess, innit

1 Like

I’m a member of a local group on Facebook (mainly people asking for local recommendations and stuff), but we also live in a Mini-Holland borough, and so you get lots of people getting very angry that they can’t always drive where and when they want.

That image has been posted at least three times…

Why is the bus going to Twat?

10 Likes

Because it’s not going to Speke?