Terrible things people post on social media

Yeah I made some effort to avoid coverage of it for the length of time I thought it would take for an election to happen. Turns out I vastly underestimated.

1 Like

They still haven’t counted all the fucking votes lol. Insanely poorly run country

Walking Dad is classic, what you talking about

3 Likes

Owned Rapidshare, I think it was?

blurring as slightly nsfw, in a very fucking weird way

8 Likes

Wrong thread :smiley:

16 Likes

Yeah I was about to disagree with you until I clocked the painting.

1 Like

I’m not going to post it here because of content warning etc, but I remember a ‘terrible thing posted on social media’ from about 10 years ago comparing Kim Dotcom (of Mega Upload) with a Spanish guy who did terrible things, which had basically every fact wrong, used the wrong photo of the Spanish guy or had the wrong name attached or something, and was posted before any sentencing took place.

A proper ‘comparing apples with oranges’ false equivency shitshow.

This is going to take some beating (for context, this band appear to be heavily into the QAnon hellscape of conspiracy cult bollocks)

2 Likes

4 Likes

I mean, he’s not wrong :grin:

7/10
One for the Dad Jokes thread.

1 Like

I mean, everyone’s finding it tough (except the likes of Jeff Bezos), but that doesn’t excuse this level of self-absorption…

This seems a little unkind. Dealing with people being rude all day long on social media must be quite stressful I’d have thought?

6 Likes

It no doubt is, but I’d never use the term ‘first responders’ to describe someone with that job, or seek to find some kind of equivalence with paramedics or firefighters.

3 Likes

Although the full quote is

In the relentless news cycle of 2020, social media managers are first responders.

which provides context for the term.

Somehow I missed this in 2017 but on its 3rd anniversary here we are:

16 Likes

5 Likes

I would eat the sausage baby

3 Likes

Calm down Baby Yoda.

3 Likes