Terrible things people post on social media

ffs.

3 Likes

It’s gonna end up with an armed guard

4 Likes

Wonder if this one will be as heavily vandalised as the one of George Floyd in Stevenson Square has been.

2 Likes

Dunno arms, but it’s already ended up with a massive shoulder.

2 Likes

Have they only just launched feel this should have already been well known and ridiculed.

2 Likes

Am I missing something here?

1 Like

Looking at the replies, the closest I can work out is that some people are implying that Menulog is a bad name because log can sometimes refer to turd in UK English? The biggest online takeaway service in Aus has been called Menulog for years though, and in my entire time there, despite having quite a childish and purlie mind, I never made the “log” link. Sometimes would think “Captain’s log”, but that’s about it.

If that’s all there is to it, I feel like this one can be filed under “Brits at it again”.

2 Likes

It sounds ridiculous shoe horned into the Just Eat jingle though. Get your own flamin jingle mates.

1 Like

I’ve only heard that jingle once before, so don’t have the same familiarity with it, so it doesn’t sound weird at all to me. Probably more the familiarity that’s making it sound bad to people than anything.

1 Like

Did somebody say Menulog?

1 Like

How about if Snoop sings it?

Although, ‘just eat’ doesn’t really make much sense in this sentence either tbh

Snoop wouldn’t be caught dead sullying the good name of Just Eat. He’s probably livid they reused the song at all.

Money talks

1 Like

He is bigging up just eat there not sullying their name.

Hooged

1 Like

Can’t read Menulog in English, it’s definitely a Welsh word that’s wandered off

4 Likes

I sort of get what you mean. I had just assumed that JustEat got renamed Menulog when I saw some stuff online with the same logo but then I never really cared much about JustEat either, just a service that does a thing. Certainly making a ‘log = poo’ connection is a bit odd.

However, that ‘replace the word in the jingle’ thing is common I reckon. There was a Cadbury’s Heroes advert maybe 8 years back that was in the UK that has a song where the whole point was that it rhymed ‘heroes’ with something. But in Aus they’re called ‘Favourites’ so they had the same song but they’d changed heroes to favourites meaning it just sounded absolutely fucked due to the obvious rhyme being missed. But I guess you’d not know unless you knew.

1 Like

Eg that “autoglass repair autoglass replace” clip video from the other month

But ‘autoglass’ is meaningless anyway, that’s purely just a name and it’s not rhyming with anything.

I can understand that ‘justeat’ is a name and a suggestion/command so it probably does suit the advertising more than ‘menulog’, and clearly if you write a song and then change the last word so it doesn’t rhyme that’s either genius teasing or failure, depending on context.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/victoriiiiio/status/1377986764044959744

4 Likes