Terrible things people post on social media

This is okay, but when you’re listing The Inspiral Carpets and The Clint Boon Experience as separate entities then you’re a bit thin in some areas.

The London one is really good.

2 Likes

Trying to work out if this is a deliberate or accidental Smiths reference…

club/venue in town (good venue, shit club) has just posted the worst one of these i’ve seen yet

the fucking mistakes all over it. chocolate doesn’t begin with a T ffs.

11 Likes

‘Log In or Sign Up to View’ is my favourite page on Facebook

4 Likes

I am mostly non-union, which makes me a traitor to the working class and an ally of big business.

not sure how it took her so long to work this one out

2 Likes

i agree that it’s a shit meme but this is totally hilarious

Horray!

3 Likes

Uggggh.

(been to the limelight for a gig before though, it is a great venue!)

1 Like

OMG

which gig? yeah it’s very good generally, though depending on the night they often shove gigs on as early as possible these days so they can clear you out in time for a shit club night. annoyingly it’s more well known locally for pissed up student nights whereas i associate with Slint gigs and the like.

Yeah this happened after BRMC at the end of last year. Gig finished, swept the floor and opened up some student night. People kept walking round with trays of sweets, overdid it on the drumstick and refresher lollies that evening

Django django in 2012. Love how you’re basically right on top of the stage

1 Like

ah i was at the Derry show on that tour as i was living back home for a bit (was quite weird as i had no idea the singer was from Derry until i read an interview the day before and it was absolutely packed full of his relatives and old friends cheering him on)

yeah sometimes they have one of those barriers in front of the stage and sometimes not (maybe depends on whether or not there’s a club night after) and if there is a club night after there will be staff running round after you with mops constantly (hence the first point on that terrible meme) but otherwise it’s very good, bit of a stalwart venue for years. the Katy Dalys bar connected to it is a good little pub as well.

they’ve since renovated/expanded the Spring & Airbrake venue next door and rebranded it as Limelight 1 and Limelight is now Limelight 2, which has only made things more confusing.

this has gotten very off topic, sorry lads.

1 Like

Yeah people will ask me if I’ve ever been to out to whatever venue in town and I’ll be thinking “well I saw Twilight Sad there but I doubt that’s what you mean…”

2 Likes

they listen to female bands

1 Like

Anything from The Mash Report

3 Likes

Someone thought it would be a good idea to do a TV show based on a website that is only worth a smirk at the headlines. Then decided to pay people who can’t deliver a joke for shit to present it.

5 Likes

Yeah its very scripted and heavy handed also.

The onion and the daily mash etc are at least self aware and happy take the piss out of their own audience.

It’s weird, as it’s the same people behind it.

Love The Daily Mash, can’t be arsed with The Mash Report. Mostly due to the distinctly ‘it has Nish Kumar in it’ vibe.

2 Likes