Terrible things that work in your favour

Just had a conference cancelled by the coronavirus.

2 Likes

Capitalism

Various forms of privilege

8 Likes

The patriarchy.

6 Likes

The organisational culture where I work is characterised by a strong degree of general incompetence, meaning I look like a dynamic, brilliant staff member in comparison.

2 Likes

The coronavirus has improved hand hygiene at work hugely.

The rerouting of the bus I used to take to the station in the morning - the bus journey is now 15 minutes longer, so walking is now quicker. Doing about 2.5 miles a day more than before, exercise is good and so on, probably wouldn’t be doing it if they’d left the bus alone

Will I stop complaining about it though? Never

1 Like

People not wanting to sit next to me on public transport because I’m black

1 Like

Doesn’t happen too often in here but if i ever go to japan ill be very likely to have space beside me on the train apparently :ok_hand:t5:

Fuuuuuuuuck, frankly :confused:

1 Like

I’m sure I’ve heard your accent in a vocoder thing and it was decent. Maybe I’m confused

1 Like

A lot of people still scared of black people, I’m about as threatening as a garden snail but it still happens lol

1 Like

Just had a thread idea

1 Like

bank error

1 Like

Never been accosted or mugged which must be down to some of the privileges

Help to Buy.

2 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Haha, so tempted by this over the last year, now I live somewhere buying alone is actually feasible and I could buy an Urban Splash flat.

Having a visual impairment- been given snazzy new monitors at work and everyone else is jealous as they are stuck with the rubbishy old ones. (Jealous in a friendly way not nasty). Now I can read the small print hooray!

1 Like

Do I think the government should be giving me literal thousands of pounds instead of giving it to people who need it to live? No. Does that mean I going to turn it down? Also no.

3 Likes

I wasn’t eligible for it for some reason. Can’t remember why, but I’ll still begrudge you for it.