TFI Friday

I used to think we were food soulmates but after hummus and now this </3 choux pastry belongs in the bin

What the hell?!?

I hate it, I’m so sorry. Tastes like stale air

:broken_heart:

Pizza for tea. Was fine.

Could really go for a wine but the 5am awakenings have put me off drinking for time being.

Be asleep by 9 I imagine.

Had to walk forty mins home from the train station last night cause there were no taxis left- I don’t mind the walk usually but it was half eleven at night and the first half of the walk isn’t well lit at all or near houses, it’s just spooky and not very safe and I’m a woman who was on her own so naturally, I was very scared and started crying a bit. And I’m not for one second downplaying what happens to women on their own at night, like… I was in literally in tears cause I was hyper aware of the risks. And you know when you panic your mind goes to the most ridiculous of places? So… you know ghosts? And like… they’re in their clothes forever? I thought that if something happens to me, I don’t look properly when I’m crossing the road or whatever else that doesn’t bear thinking about, I would have been stuck in a pair of comedy pants that say “PRINCESS” on the arse and don’t fit very well cause I hadn’t done my washing.

Anyway I have done my washing now. Just in case I do become a ghost at any point, I don’t want to have to be worrying about wedgies.

1 Like

I thought so but then read this

But I’d imagine the sweary phrase existed beforehand and they just sanitised/branded it for television?

2 Likes

Probably, I’ve always thought it was fuck tbh

gave someone the middle finger out the car widow driving into town today, and I glanced over my shoulder as I turned and he went by me to see his face, and I’ve never seen someone with as much hate on his face as that as he returned the salute. absolutely did me. was like this but with a middle finger.

10 Likes

A guy did that to me once when I was about 14 for no reason. It was even funnier because he looked like Andy Gray and his head took up the whole side window.

1 Like

I was walking across the pharmacy car park earlier and someone honked at me from a moving car and gave me the ol’ :fu: and I was all like what the fuck man, i kill you scum, but turns out it was a girl I know being funny.

5 Likes

Enjoying the image of you sprinting over full of rage and throwing your fists on the bonnet before realising and doing a 180 and smiling like a pussycat

2 Likes

Luckily I realised slightly before that. She’s lucky to be alive.

1 Like

Had a veggie stir fry for tea. Just caned a whole bag of prawn crackers. Now watching Rushmore and having a sulk. 12½hr shift tomorrow. Bleak af.

Drinking an old fashioned in front of the Olympics.

BTW TFI Friday was also a reference to (shite) restaurant chain TGI Fridays, where the G stands for God. Saw a clip of that show the other day where snooker and darts MC Rob Walker appeared in a segment called ‘freak or unique’. It was all a bit dodgy the 90s wasn’t it?

Drive around America, this will approximately happen at least once an hour.

About to crack open one of @Funkhouser’s kind pre Xmas beers.

Time will tell if it is the only one I crack. Giving myself a bit of slack though as I have been ON IT (not drink wise) recently and it’s Friday and it’s my first full week back in ldn AND its my birthday on Monday so hey ho happy Friday to me :blush:

3 Likes

See you in the knobbed thread later. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Still working as was almost finished with something and then fucked it up a bit. Nearly done again now (i hope?). Getting a bit hungry, it better not take long.

1 Like