Thank TFIF it's fucking Friday thread

eggs
susanalbumparty

Let’s kick off with this tasteful and understated tattoo from my local parlour’s Instagram.

What’s in store for you today? Weekend plans?

Tomorrow I’m off to sapstown for a penoid tournament. Cambridge people have won it for the last two years in a row so we’ve got this fucker in our sights. No mercy. Those local farm boys are going DOWN. Also quite looking forward to visiting the tofu café again.

Hi!
Just landed at Heathrow so I feel very shit. I couldn’t get an uber to pick me up for ages so I’m having to get train-tube-train.

Plans
Tonight: going to see Sara Pascoe. I got tickets for my mate for Xmas before I had this trip booked.
Tomorrow and Sunday: SLEEPING HARD.

I had that longing look as I walked through arrivals, hoping Mr Meo had come to surprise me and pick me up. But no. And he’s not even awake yet! :roll_eyes:

Hiya.

It’ll come as no surprise to anyone that my weekend plans involve a bike ride, however tomorrow’s planned 200km looks like it’s fucked :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face: and Sunday looks awful too. Fuck sake. So probably no bike rides then?

Which means I don’t have any plans now.

I’m taking a half day today as I have to clean my old apartment before handing it back. Not really many other plans, don’t want to spend any money so I’m going to keep it chilled I think.

I remembered about Tibetan Pop Stars by Hop Along this morning and have listened to it about 12 times. What a song.

Morning everyone

Slowly eating porridge. Heading to office in a bit

Hanging at home with my daughter tonight, the boy has a party and is staying at his mates. Went to his parents eve last night. He needs to buckle down a bit and focus (sounds familiar)

Weekend weather looks shit. Going to the pub with a girl on Saturday night. That’s all the plans I got though

Morning DiS!

Off down to London today as on Sunday we fly to that Finland for a week of dog-sledding. This evening we have the final portion of the TV’s drawn-out 30th celebrations and are going for dinner with her family.

Morning all. Already up and working on a job due at 9am.

No plans this weekend and it’s my last free weekend until Easter so I’m thinking of just staying in and finishing Persona 5.

Day off today. Apart from taking the cat to the vets I have nothing planned.

If the weathers nice i might go for a walk in the countryside.

Is that your tattoo? Card games and that innit.

Going for #somebeers tonight, grub winter beer fest :beers: then going bowling in Sheffield of all places on sat for my old housemates bday, that’ll be nice but I expect my gammy arm (old drinking injury from smashing deadonthestairs’ fence about five years ago) will play up and be the main reason I’m terrible, not my coordination

Today- work
Tonight- gig

Hi everyone. As promised in the evening thread last night, all I am here for is some sympathy.

Trigger warning: dentists.

Had a whole tooth extraction done yesterday after the Dentist thread on Wednesday jinxed me and cracked a molar not 60 minutes after reading and posting in it that I hated going to the dentist.

So, the extraction involves getting mouth injections done, which were bloody painful, and then an xray which I had to put a weird plastic mouth guard in which made me boak a few times, and then we had a look at it. She admitted it was “very deep” and I said “can only be a few millimetres eh?” to which said laughed and said “a tooth is almost an inch long”.

Fuck.

So anyway, she checks I can’t feel anything, and by this point half my face was numb so the procedure involves scrapping away the gum around the tooth to expose the root area and then literally shear it off the jaw bone. I spent most of the time with my moth agape and just wondering what the fuck she was doing until she shattered the tooth. makes sense though, it was already dying. this mean more needed to be exposed. the hardest part was when she started twisting the tooth around using pliers and I could feel it twisting and then suddenly it started to hurt. she popped more injections in and then went to fucking town.

it finally popped out with an almost anticlimatic releief from us both after being in the chair for 55 minutes and was about the size of the main part of a Bic pen lid. Fucking hell. She said “well, you’ve got really strong bones in your mouth so that bodes well for the rest of them” so that’s good.

My options now are a full screwed replacement (£3k), bridge and plastic denture thing, or just to leave it. Is it bad that my first reaction was “how am I going to eat Walkers Sensations now?”.

I haven’t ate anything since Thursday morning and not slept since Wednesday evening. and now, thanks to swelling in my mouth and the swelling in my sinuses (yes, it was the top right second molar (upp right five, I think in dentisty lingo) which means my sinuses are swollen too and can breathe through my nose properly).

For the rest of the weekend;

• got some pals coming over tonight for a chat and food, should be fun
  • take the dog a walk later on the weekend probably
  • going to look at stuff to buy as well
  • and start meal planning for going vegan.

Morning all. It seems to be taking us an age to get from Littleport to Ely this morning so in the meantime here’s a pic of the sunrise

Did you just walk in and tell them you like card games?

• Beer tonight, lie in tomorrow
  • Stay in tonight, park run tomorrow

0 voters

Happy Friday Champs!

Just got to get through today then off for the best part of a week. Nothing doing tonight. Might nip to the brewery for BEERZ. Tomorrow is going to be spent culling a load of crap and doing tip runs. Sunday I’m off to Eltham to see my fiancée’s ATD.

Have a good one everybody

Morning all. Will spend 50% of Friday and Saturday at work, but should make time to visit the gym tomorrow.
Sunday - Singin’ in the Rain at the cinema. Never seen it before, but reviewers say this Gene Kelly guy could go far.

Nah, poker’s dead boring. Doesn’t even have computers shaped like dinosaurs.

Although I have said if I ever win a Nationals or higher I’m getting a white ink tattoo of my avatar. But that’s not going to happen.

ooft

Morning all.

It’s snowing and still dark.