Thanksgiving Thursday Thread

good luck with the move!

1 Like

Got woken up at 4:40 by my son who had a nightmare. Then couldnā€™t get back to sleep because the bed was suddenly full of boy and cat.

cycled in and my legs havenā€™t recovered from Tuesday ā€“ absolutely knackered.

Hometime please?

meant to tell you - my parents appear to have fallen in love with Kings Lynn and keep going on mini holidays there!

1 Like

Had a nice one yesterday. Double-billed Mothering Sunday and Petite Maman. Also ate a load of lovely noodles and dumplings in Chinatown in between.

Going to cut a lot of vegetables into very small pieces today so I can make piccalilli tomorrow. Thatā€™ll be a load of Christmas presents sorted :sunglasses:
Need to source some space broccoli first though

Saturday, but yeah, no real proper days off for myself

Always surprises me the number of people who come here on holidays / mini-breaks! I mean, itā€™s fine as a town and itā€™s nowhere near as bad as its reputation. I guess maybe itā€™s a good base for exploring the Norfolk coast / trips to the wildlife reserves etc - and probably a lot cheaper than the coastal villages?

Good morning!

We had new neighbours move in yesterday, so of course I had nightmares about them trashing the whole street overnight. Thanks brain.

My other half spoke to the removal people who told us that they were very posh, which was confirmed he said by the fact that they have very heavy furniture.

Been at work for over an hour already. Listening to The Meadowlands and packing up 20 cases of beer to send to a War Child event, as you do.

1 Like

*US Thankgiving.

1 Like

Morning all!

Iā€™m attending a meeting this morning inside one of our campus buildings.

Iā€™m not really happy about but the coffee place over the road has changed ownership again (third time in six years, maybe) so I got this to cheer me up:

It isnā€™t a dirty pizza but you can only play the team in front of you.

7 Likes

Turns out yesterday I managed to cycle home from work in my work shoes (heavy, featuring steel toe caps) rather than my cycling shoes (light, designed for exercise). Didnā€™t notice the difference yesterday, but on this morningā€™s cycle to work I certainly did notice the extra metal weights on my feet. Great! Legs be tired.

1 Like

Not hungover but dreading work coz I think I talked a lot of shit about people I work with last night without much regard for who was listening. Ooops. Going out to a gig tonight too, really craving a night of being flopped on the sofa and watching the x files or something. :alien:

:coffee:

1 Like

username-post synergy

2 Likes

Keep typing out something and then deleting it because itā€™s so fucking boring.

Morning.

2 Likes

Iā€™m still in bed donā€™t tell my boss.

Had such bad sniffles yesterday I was convinced I was getting a cold and yet todayā€¦ Nothing very much? Had all sorts of aches and pains too.

So thereforeā€¦ Some form of eggs for breakfast. Meetings.

Bike tonight.

plans with friend tonight got cancelled as they have norovirus, boo. really hard to see them lately with their schedule and their covid uncertainties, so wonā€™t be seeing them until mid-Dec sadly now

but made plans with another friend to see their new flat, which iā€™ve managed to put off doing for 6 months somehow! looking forward to margaritas and probably a horror film

Iā€™m listening to g-funk and eating a melted Dairy Milk I found in the bottom of my laptop bag. Exciting stuff Iā€™m sure youā€™ll agree.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a classic geesey morn :grinning::+1:

Forgot how bloody heavy my work bag is to cycle with.

Was hoping the walk in vaccination thing would be a slick setup but apparently notā€¦ Have a feeling Iā€™m going to end up abandoning it for another day.

Just without the hangover these days!

1 Like