That Adrianne Lenker LP

HOLY SHIT.

5 Likes

It’s a beauty

1 Like

you’re not wrong, pal.

perhaps my favourite. although I’m only just on my first listen, and the closer ‘10 miles’ is a woozy wonder and all.

Yeah, that’s the song of the year.

1 Like

it’s the refrain, isn’t it. her voice, those lines. the way it balances between come on and warning.

1 Like

Really not grabbed in the same way as the Big Thief albums. Need to give it more time though.

This was my opinion at first, but it’s opened up in a big way recently

I prefer it to big thief! So good!

1 Like

I love that small twist in Symbol at the 1:58 mark, it comes out of nowhere and is brilliant. You could base a whole song around that small bit and where it could go, and she only uses it for a couple seconds. It always leaves me wanting more, in a good way.

1 Like

I do like it a lot and I am a big fan of all her stuff

I much prefer her previous solo albums though. Just a bit rawer and really show off her voice

Absolutely gorgeous - I’m pushing it on everyone I can!

1 Like

This album is making me feel more okay that the new SVE single is so horrible. Thank you, this album.

1 Like

It’s a wonderful thing.

1 Like

This has grown to be a real favourite since its release. My first listen I thought it was good but passed me by slightly, second listen though and I was hooked. Womb and out of your mind are two favourites but my highlight is blue and red horses, that melody gets me every time

1 Like

Certainly a grower and maybe depends on your mood when listening.

Heard it on my commutes to and from work; thought it was average.

Heard it today walking in the sun to my parents house for lunch. Nice relaxing walk. Thought it was brilliant.

Symbol starts out like a folksy Everything In Its Right Place, doesn’t it? Fortunately it becomes its own beautiful beast halfway through. Lovely.