That apple thing on twitter

Can’t get my head around this, people apparently visualise an apple in one of these ways. As a 1, with a very detailed apple complete in a bowl with other apples in a kitchen, how can people see the others? Or even 5? Like, there’s no minds eye??? Very fascinating pls share what you see

I can see people’s heads there

1 Like

No bowl in one?

This is like the internal monologue thing that we discussed a few days ago, where some people don’t have one. Nuts how different everyone’s internal world is.

3 Likes

It’s about conceptualising vs actively imagining something, so if you’re told to think of an apple, do you “see” a vivid clear apple with distinguishing features such as colour, shape etc like in 1 or to a lesser extent, 2 or a basic apple concept like in 3 and 4, where you “see” an apple but haven’t got a colour, size etc to it or 5, which I’m not sure how to explain as this is far from what i see, but i guess is just nothing? No image at all

3 Likes

It is a crude approximation

• 1, obviously

0 voters

1 Like

tag urself x

how do you visualise an avocado

• an avocado
  • jb

0 voters

1 Like

They forgot 6, which is like a massive rotating word-art of the word APPLE and it’s playing Low by Flo Rida

Oh no, I’ve earwormed myself.

13 Likes

or number 7 the iphone logo because we’ve all been brand washed

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

10 Likes

Can you see it yet?

(no, because you’re a 5)

2 Likes

I can visualise them all…?

1 being the one you’d go for obviously, why visualise a less clear apple, life is too short.

2 Likes

2 - I don’t visualise things in that much detail.

1 Like

8 Likes

Sure could eat a bowl of iTunes right about now

2 Likes

I thought this at first but then actually in some cases i imagine something without much detail, like if told to imagine someone crossing the road the initial image in my head is someone crossing a road, but couldn’t tell you what the person looks like in detail or the scenery etc, I’d have to actively add that in, but a brief initial thought is more abstract

2 Likes

Massively depends on the situation for me. I can imagine things in great detail but also sometimes it’s much more fleeting.

2 Likes

I guess I wouldn’t ever visualise an apple unless someone told me to. If they do I just remember what an apple looked like when it was in our fruit bowl, so not conjuring up an original image or anything. But then at the same time I’m very aware that it’s not a real image, it’s not really there. I can almost feel the neurons I’m firing in the right places to imagine it. Quite an uncomfortable feeling tbh.

7 Likes