That makes me anxious (a poll thread)

used one for the first time since Covid last week and I was super expecting my card to get swallowed

1 Like

surprise parties (yours or others)

• that makes me anxious
  • that doesn’t make me anxious

0 voters

buying presents for loved ones

• that makes me anxious

0 voters

going somewhere on a trip and there not being the one thing (a certain sandwich or drink etc) available because they’ve sold out or closed down that would make the trip bearable:

• makes me anxious
  • doesn’t

0 voters

Letters from the TV licence bastards in big red angery type telling you you’re under investigation and they might send an “officer” round

• That makes me anxious
  • That doesn’t make me anxious

0 voters

Had a surprise party once and it was maybe the worst night of my life. Felt so guilty that I hated it so much.

1 Like

going to meet your online pals from community.drownedinsound.com in real life

• anxious
  • no

0 voters

first time - yeah. after that I’m fine.

4 Likes

don’t think I’d recover from that, it’s all over for me if that ever happens

1 Like

Happened to me last week at Pie & Ale in Manchester. There was no pie and I don’t like Ale. Named and shamed.

1 Like

Never gonna happen.

first obvs the worst but still a bit anxious everytime

1 Like

the big meats in busy places make me a bit anxious I suppose. usually because I’m worried that I’ll accidentally ignore someone.

optimal size for meats is 6 or under members, IMO.

a stranger asking you to watch their bag or something for them

• anxious
  • no

0 voters

morbid one thinking about calling up and having to talk to distant relatives after a family member dies

• that makes me anxious

0 voters

being in dangerous places like high up or on a windy road and having that thought of ‘i could jump or swerve my car off the cliff, nothing’s stopping me’ - call of the void type thing:

• makes me anxious
  • doesn’t

0 voters

the anxiety for me comes from the fact that I know its going to happen, so sometimes avoid the situation.

2 Likes

getting home and realising your flies are undone and presumably have been for hours

• that makes me anxious

0 voters

Sometimes when I’m in the passenger seat of the car I have a compulsion to open the door and jump out. Very tense when that happens

1 Like

Start a thread on DiS and no replies or likes after several minutes

• Anxious
  • Not anxious

0 voters

:sob: :sob: :sob: