That makes me anxious (a poll thread)

new dms on dis

• that makes me anxious
  • that doesn’t make me anxious

0 voters

Hate voicemails. Love voicenotes.

8 Likes

most of mine are too ridiculous to post unfortunately.

1 Like

Well maybe I’ll make an exception for you :heart:

1 Like

Only thing that makes me anxious on here is posting a selfie or dinner pic that gets no initial action.

1 Like

I would question why they had hypothetically accidentally turned up at a brewery in the middle of nowhere but in that case, I guess it would be fine :wink:

1 Like

Going for a haircut

• Makes me anxious
  • Doesn’t make me anxious

0 voters

used to have this thing about throwing my phone off bridges or into the water, really want to do that one day. Also someone asking for a cup of tea and me just throwing milk in their face. idk, the brain is weird.

2 Likes

Used to when I had actual hair.

4 Likes

One time I showed up for an online date an hour early (my “late due to traffic” anxiety defeated my “existing in front of people” anxiety) and stood outside uncomfortably with everyone in the outdoor eating area eyeing me up and then my date walked down the sidewalk directly towards me with her arms out and enthusiastically shouted “TAFH33!” and I hugged her but she was very confused and it turns out she wasn’t my date and there was another TAFH33 walking towards her from behind me that she was actually meeting and then they and everyone in the eating area laughed at me. Had to keep standing there waiting for my actual date to show up. Voting anxious.

13 Likes

Yeyyyy!

Meeting DiSers for the first time makes me a little anxious but after that it’s great.

1 Like

This is a big part of the C (compulsion) in OCD. I’m constantly worrying that i might just decide to throw up on some vegetables in a supermarket or on a meeting room table :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

christ almighty.

3 Likes

yeah, it’s strange, for me it’s a lot of things like oh what could I do to make people hate me forever, obviously I don’t want to do that but it’s like tormenting myself with the thought of it.

oh no. i hope this is a “looking back, that’s pretty fucking funny and i can laugh about it now” type thing for you and not a “this keeps me awake at night and will haunt me to my grave” type thing

3 Likes

what are the odds of them having the same username!

6 Likes

Oh this isn’t an anxiety issue, I’d just bowl into the room and tell some stupid joke and that would be fine, more a geography problem.

1 Like

walks past cockpit boarding a plane

my brain: I should hijack the plane.

9 Likes

Walking into a party, reception, whatever type thing after it’s started

• Makes me anxious
  • Doesn’t make me anxious

0 voters

walking into the saloon and the piano player just suddenly stops and all the cowboys turn around and glare at you

• that makes me anxious
  • that doesn’t make me anxious

0 voters

1 Like