that most recent Arctic Monkeys single's an absolute banger ain't it?

Only heard it yesterday. Sounds really familiar but can’t put my finger on it. Best thing they’ve done since, idk, Cornerstone.

Pretend to dislike it below…

8 Likes

Yeah it’s fucking brilliant. Been playing it a lot at work.

3 Likes

yeah that’s good I like it

Sounds like Simply Red.

4 Likes

Arctic Monkeys’ recorded work is now and has always been great

3 Likes

Think DiS has gone full circle on them now they’ve gone arthouse actually, Tranquility Base and the new single have widely got the seal of approval.

The contrarian view from other threads seems to be to pretend you don’t like AM, too many tunes or something like that.

2 Likes

Think they would be a much better band if they had a singer who could hold a tune. Was fine when it was music that’d be on Carling ads, now they’re doing music for champers ads then it doesn’t go

4 Likes

I dislike it sorry. Doesn’t make me feel anything, and it doesn’t go anywhere interesting really. Really good production/ well recorded though.

2 Likes

Aye, it’s good.

There’s a bit in it that sounds like a bit in this

Listened to it once and it sounded fine

I will listen again (I do like them)

Vocally it reminds me a bit more of slower Future Islands stuff for some reason.

Not a fan. Would never have guessed it was by them tho.

1 Like

Not my cup of tea but I’m pleased that people enjoy it

It’s fine guys, not everyone has an ear for complex art.

3 Likes

Was a big fan of them back in the day when it was scrappy indie tunes about eating kebabs in Sheffield, can’t really get into this faux Bond theme stuff though. Find it kind of fascinating that that’s the music they want to make, but it takes all sorts. Nice strings I guess.

2 Likes

Polite reminder as well that a “banger” does not just mean “a good song” it needs to be an uptempo good song.

20 Likes

or a sausage

11 Likes

Portion of Uptempo Good Songs and Mash please

1 Like

5 Likes