That Sylvan Esso LP

Fucking hell.

Every track’s an absolute banger.

Agreed. Top LP. Thought they came across well on 6 Music last week too.

I like it, but I still prefer their debut, which I thought was fantastic.

Still enjoying this though. Kick Jump Twist and Die Young are superb tracks.

The hook in Just Dancing.

Jesus Christ.

Thank you for mentioning this. I remember seeing a video of their’s on the telly (weird way to find about decent new music, I know) and liking it / being surprised to hear something new and good while idly skimming through music channels.

From the description of their music (only read a review the other day) they seem to be the kind of band I would love. Just about to check them out.

It’s so good!!! Big fan of Signal & Slack Jaw. And Die Young is still an abso banger.

Anyone seeing them in London in Nov? Bummed I couldn’t get tix to their village underground show…

Just discovered this album. Bloody love it!

UPDATE: I love this band. I had heard the name, but this thread and news of the current album made me check them out. It’s precisely the kind of thing I am digging at the moment. Electronic, slightly off kilter, dancey but not cheesy stuff. I love Purity Ring, so it’s right up my strasse.

Have you listened to Flock of Dimes? You might like that one too…

Thanks. Yes, quite like it on first listen. Looking her up, I quite like Wye Oak, so it makes sense…

Anyone seen these Echo Mountain Sessions being posted by NPR this week? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riQLL65OMfQ (also up on Spotify).

Full band sound is great, would love them to tour that.

Yeah, they’ve been tweeting it. Semi-tempted by the ltd vinyl release of it.

And yes. Full band tour please.