That Tomberlin album is bloody lovely then isn't it (ffo: julien baker and stuff like that)

Might end up being my album of the year! Here’s a spotify link;

Completely agree… Been listening to it all week… great headphone album. Each listen brings something new.

Is incredible

Yep!

it is really nice and I agree

truly don’t get this album. seems like it should be right up my street but i just find it really bloody boring.

but… for something in a similar sort of vein it’s hard to beat this gia margaret album.

Shared it to a mate that likes this kinda stuff and she said it sounds like Evanescance.

This is right lovely.

Reminds me a lot of Beth Orton

Eh?

SHARED IT TO A MATE THAT LIKES THIS KINDA STUFF AND SHE SAID IT SOUNDS LIKE EVANESCENSE

Is your mate deaf? Or mixing Evanescense up with someone else?

They had that one quiet song that was a hit I guess

I’ve listened to it for the first time in a long time, and I agree with you more now. Other than Self-Help which I still really like.

Gia Margaret sounds quite good on a first listen through. Will listen more, thanks!

totally agree with you – i actually meant to include in my comment that self help is admittedly a great song!

That Gia Margaret album is brilliant too.

Listened to this because of the evanessce comparison and wasn’t disappointed

Emo gospel metal is Back.

One of my favourites of the year so far, found it really immersive without being inaccessible, here’s a shameless plug of some words I wrote about it. https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/albums/tomberlins-at-weddings-album-review although now feel I may have missed a trick not mentioning Evanescence;-)

Untitled 1 might become my track of the year. The chord change at about 2 minutes in is breathtaking