The 10s? Teens? This decade.

What’s the stuff that we are doing/wearing/listening to/watching now that is going to seem really awful/cringey when we look back on this decade?

I think it would be good to know so I don’t get photographed wearing it or doing it or whatever.

5 Likes

Social media/app obssessiveness

1 Like

6 Likes

Says the man posting on an internet forum on his phone

1 Like

flares

Vaping

8 Likes

Pewdiepie.

1 Like

I’m not going to fully embrace Big Thief - something about them makes me nervous.

“Meme culture”

it’s not easy is it? everything looks so normal now.

“ha ha remember when everyone vaped and now they’re all dead of popcorn lung!! :rofl:

4 Likes

I think the unceasing sharing of personal stuff online will come to be seen as a weird pathology in retrospect.

2 Likes

“Ha ha remember when we were all scared of Global Warming and it turned out it really WAS all a scam by the scientists”

“Ha ha remember when we were all shitting it about brexit and it turns our we WERE better off out and everything is brilliant!”

1 Like

Influencers

I think we should reference them as the teenies.

Those hoverboards will be looked back upon with derision.

Not very exclusive to this decade though is it

The thing where people (predominantly women) use makeup to make their eyebrows look thicker. While laughing about how stupid everyone’s eyebrows looked in the 90s etc, of course.

3 Likes

kids still have stupid hair cuts so I think we’ll be fine for things to cringe at