The 2017 Film DiScussion Thread

What an oddball

Can’t stop watching this, genuinely makes me very happy :smiley:

I am SO out of the loop wrt films. I want to see Blade Runner, Death of Stalin and…no idea what else is out really. Is it just me or has Metacritic become an actual migraine posing as a website? Seriously find it really difficult to navigate and process what I’m looking at.

Anyway, what is a good movie website I can check out for info.

to find out what’s out or what’s good?

off topic I know but the G.O.A.T Norwich strip there

Either/or really, love a hatchet job as much as a glowing review.

No problem. I’ve picked out a few here for you… The 2017 Film DiScussion Thread - #6 by ericthefourth

2 Likes

Tbh i usually just look at the cinema sites each week to see whats on and if it looks of interest just have a google to see the general consenseus.

The kermode and mayo podcast is decent too. think Kermode is pretty easy to guess in what he would like or not but they cover a lot of stuff , lot of obscure stuff, and you tend to get a good measure of what the films are about

4 Likes

While this is true, it also makes it all the more effective when he recommends something like Bad Moms as pretty good actually.

3 Likes

True but he definitely has his favourites. The praise for Baby Driver was blindy obvious and completely over the top

1 Like

‘The reviewer liked a film I didn’t - outrageous!’

I love his take on The Exorcist. Really is a great film, that.

Thata not what Im saying really is it

2 Likes

watched Suspicion, the Hitchcock one - was good fun, not his best at all but a fun way to pass the time

The Driver - really enjoyed this one. Great neo-noir concept, car chases which are interesting to watch. Quite easy to see its influence

also if anyone is interested (@Severed799 ?), Mubi has just put all the Arabian Nights from a couple of years ago back up

1 Like

Nice, watch ALL OF THEM

keep meaning to watch these but every time i come to it i’m like… hmm cba

louis tacos’ favourite films of last year fwiw

mine too, you should give it a go, they’re very watchable and broken down into smaller chapters

1 Like

I would watch this:

just watched (the original) Point Break for the first time. what a film. was genuinely surprised when keanu jumped out of the plane. also Johnny Utah is the best character name ever.

genuinely baffling that they remade this. did the remake flop? anyone seen it?

3 Likes